Imported 45 series drum to disc brakes all toyota (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Did disc brake swap from 60 series axle, pulled all the old drum s***, then rebuilt with 60 series knuckles backing plate, new calipers, 60 series hub, Asian locking hubs, new rotors. Sand blasted all the 60 parts and painted black, then assembled with new bearings, centered the knuckle. The only issue was having to clearance out the ball on the axle for the 60 series birfs, to fit. Used the 45 axles with 60 series birfs

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Did disc brake swap from 60 series axle, pulled all the old drum s***, then rebuilt with 60 series knuckles backing plate, new calipers, 60 series hub, Asian locking hubs, new rotors. Sand blasted all the 60 parts and painted black, then assembled with new bearings, centered the knuckle. The only issue was having to clearance out the ball on the axle for the 60 series birfs, to fit. Used the 45 axles with 60 series birfs

View attachment 1257858

View attachment 1257859

View attachment 1257860

View attachment 1257861

Looks great, I'm about to do the same conversion to my 40.

Make sure your birfs fit if before you pack grease in case you have to grind the axle balls

If you ever need a little more stopping power you can always upgrade to 95 4runner calipers.

What is your plan to make the 40 series tie rod end work with the 60 series steering arm?

Was your original steering arm small pattern or large?

In pic #4 there is a bolt missing that retains the rotor to the wheel bearing hub; how many holes did your rotors have? (six or eight?)

What is your plan to make the 40 series tie rod end work with the 60 series steering arm?

Was your original steering arm small pattern or large?

In pic #4 there is a bolt missing that retains the rotor to the wheel bearing hub; how many holes did your rotors have? (six or eight?)

I just curious of the year of the 45. I know as late as 82 Australia still had drums around and other markets may have never gotten disc brakes. Think what is all involved in the conversion has to do with the year of the drum back axle. Would think 8/80 and later would be the easiest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom