Import 80 with 60/62 style lights? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Dropping my 80 off for MOT today and I went past this white, petrol 80 that is always there but, not having had an 80 the last few times I'd never noticed the headlights on this one before. They look to be identical to the ones on my HJ60 (and US model FJ62s)

IMG_0328-1.jpg

IMG_0327-1.jpg

Now it's obviously an import into the UK (GXL, fog light, very cool 2" receiver hitch which we don't get over here) but does anyone know where from and what other groovy stuff it might have?

The GXL is from Aus. Here in South Africa if you can get your hands on one you are lucky. It will be E.F.I in S.A we only got it with a carburator. Its below a V.X and above a G.X.

I prefer it for some reason. Probably just the attraction of the novel though :lol:

Not saying anything..... just what i've always heard on the australian shows, mags and forums if seen and been to.

Would be alot cheaper to replace,dont see why it would be less light with the right bulb. MIke

When I was in Mali they were fairly common on the old UN 80's I thought my one piece were brighter than those but I also have HIR in.

Yep I've got 'em on mine - as said before its the standard light fitting in Oz.
I've upgraded the wiring loom as per the LCOOL tech page, and run 90/100W low/high beam H4 and 100W H1 inner high beam. THe 400W output on high works pretty well. I've not bothered with spots as there's a good throw of light down the road and a decent spread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom