Immediate question on side moldings? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pskhaat

Tourer
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
alamosa.mobi
I'm at a shop and they're telling me that instead of just the clips for the side door molding I need to purchase new molding? No way? I should just have to get the plastic clips, right?

I'd call CDan and get his opinion. If you need it that's who you should get it from anyways!

Yeah, I tried calling him but he's not there or probably busy. It's a WE-OWE on my vehicle purchase contract so the parts are coming from them as they're liable (as I see it) but the contract says they'll fix the `clips' and they're saying the moulding needs to go with them. I'm not buying it.

Alright everyone, guess what? The clips themselves you CAN get on you own EXCEPT for the rear passenger doors which contain one of their OWN clips that can not be sourced independently and require the purchase of a whole new molding! for like $0.50 in plastic clip needs.

FYI.

3fj40 said:
Alright everyone, guess what? The clips themselves you CAN get on you own EXCEPT for the rear passenger doors which contain one of their OWN clips that can not be sourced independently and require the purchase of a whole new molding! for like $0.50 in plastic clip needs.

FYI.

What year 100 are we talkin 'bout here ? is it the large moulding that runs down the center of the vehicle (fender, f/r doors, rear door 1/4 + 1/4 panel above rear bumper) ?...

IIRC, there is a slot for the clip to snap into. And if not careful when removing, can cause this to break off, rendering that clip useless. I purchased new 3M adhesive tape to re-do the molding. The tape is not re-usable & is one reason they want you to get new molding.

A little off topic of the clip question, but

The paint on my moulding is starting to look a little funky. The the rest of the paint on the 100 is fine. Is there anything that anyone is doing to make it look better without repainting? Anti-oxidation paint treatment or something of the sort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom