Im trying to remember (3rd swap) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When you pull the third member from the Rear, you have to pull the c-clips to get the axles out, so all the spider gears and retainer pin have to come out ---right?

With the front, the spindle holds the axles in the diff, so when you pull the third you dont remove the retainer pin and spider gears - right?

:hmm:

Correct....the front does not have c-clips.

you don't have to pull side gears and spiders, but you do have to pull the bolt, pin and block, push axles in so c clips drop. from there, the spiders may fall out, but often have a hydraulic lock from the oil and will stay in place.

you don't have to pull side gears and spiders, but you do have to pull the bolt, pin and block, push axles in so c clips drop. from there, the spiders may fall out, but often have a hydraulic lock from the oil and will stay in place.

what that guy said. its easy. the only hard part which is more annoing than anything is putting the spiders back in so the are across from each other after re install. if after you remover the axles you can put the center pin and bold back in and it will hold it all together for ya.

here is a pic of one of my spare thirds i have laying around.
bad 3.70 third.jpg

Reason Im asking is that a guy is buying my front third, but i Don't remember which is which, The gears are out in one, so that must be the rear, because i never took apart the front! :flipoff2:

Thanks everyone for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom