I'm too stupid to work on the cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got done replacing my radiator, old one had a very slow leaker that what eating all the cooling fins. Ordered from the radiator barn, $160.00 not bad.

Got it in and filled it up, once I started the motor it started to leak. Check all the hoses, nothing, all of the fluid was dripping under the radiator. I though dammit, got a bad new radiator.

Shut it down and put the old one in, filled it up, ran the truck, no leaks. Thought, I'll go over and check out the new rad, fill it up with water and try an track down where it was leaking before sending it back. Filled it up and put my hands over the opening to block the water. It was fine for a sec until it stared to leak from the bottom.

Turned it over and removed some tape pained black, never installed the draincock. Replaced the radiator three times today...

Now you have perfected it and will be able to amaze your fellow cruiser heads by your quick installation when their's go out. And when you say, "don't forget to remove the tape on the bottom." They will thank you because they would have filled it up without thinking of it. As you walk away, they will say, "man, he really knows what he is doing!"

Hey, I cidn't get a dizzy seated all the way and seized up my rod bearings. Yours only cost you your time.

LOL :D

I just did a rad in my 82 fj40 yesterday, used a Performance radiator, but the draincock hole had tape over the it......and was painted black, even the guy at the rad shop thought it was a plug, untill I stuck my knife thru the tape.....and it was the hole. So make sure you have a plug or a draincock in the rad, most rads don't come with a new cock(hehehehehe) you must re-use yours and I would replace the rubber o-ring on the cock(heheheheheheheehehehehe) mine was brittle.

Romer said:
Now you have perfected it and will be able to amaze your fellow cruiser heads by your quick installation when their's go out. And when you say, "don't forget to remove the tape on the bottom." They will thank you because they would have filled it up without thinking of it. As you walk away, they will say, "man, he really knows what he is doing!"

Hey, I cidn't get a dizzy seated all the way and seized up my rod bearings. Yours only cost you your time.

hehehehe.... nice new avatar romer. :grinpimp:

hey, everyone makes stupid mistakes once in a while but yours should have come with a new plug...i just got a rad barn rad for my 60 it it had one in a little baggie on the neck. i just had to get new cap...little tiny cap...not impressed iwth the little tiny cap..did yours take the little tiny cap also?

mine used the big stock ND cap. but there was no plug, just tape over the hole

nuclearlemon said:
hehehehe.... nice new avatar romer. :grinpimp:

hey, everyone makes stupid mistakes once in a while but yours should have come with a new plug...i just got a rad barn rad for my 60 it it had one in a little baggie on the neck. i just had to get new cap...little tiny cap...not impressed iwth the little tiny cap..did yours take the little tiny cap also?

Yea, mine came with a little plastic draincock but I thought it went on the end of the old one, you know to replace the brass fitting. It was a great weekend, broke a bolt in the block replacing the water pump also.

The radiator I got used the same radiator cap off the old radiator, never seen the small ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom