1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Sure I put the AC Belt on... I'm sure I put the AC Belt on...I'm sure.....

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by Russ in California, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Russ in California

Russ in California

Media:
    Albums:
    ok, I've been messing with my AC. No worky. New drier, SECOND pump from Cruiser Parts(*.#+%!) vaccum out the system...damn, won't go below 0 vaccum...crap, didn't plug in the compressor. Try again. Still won't go below 0 vaccum. now what? Let's turn on the AC pump on then off and then try the vac(silly I know but...). Crap, now what....wait a minute, where's the belt? I know I put it on. Where's the dang belt. Crawl under to look and low and behold I see the belt wadded up behind the water pump. Yikes. I couldn't even tell driving it to and from work. Great mechanic. NOT! I'm so bummed. I just enough about AC to be dangerous. Try again. :confused: :crybaby:
    :cool:

2. Zack1978

Zack1978 SILVER Star

Media:
    Is your compressor seized up? When My compressor seized, it flung the belt off as you describe.

Zack

3. Russ in California

Russ in California

Media:
    Albums:
    It wasn't before I installed it. We rotated it and it seemed to poof out air.
    I'll check tonight(just what I wanted to do the week before holiday).

4. Russ in California

Russ in California

Media:
    Albums:
    AC compressor not locked up. Pulley spins freely and the clutch turns also. Boy that belt was sure wadded up behind the WP. Had a time getting it out without removing anything. Try agin.

5. flowman

flowman

Media:
    Albums:
    [not AC related]

Don't feel bad--I did a valve adjustment the other day, started it up to check timing and was startled by the blapping roar and rough idle--took a sec to realize I'd forgotten to replace the #1 plug, which I pulled when hand cranking the engine to TDC! If we knew what we were doing, what would be the fun in that? :D

6. soggy60

soggy60

Not being able to draw a vacuum has nothing to do with the belt being on or off , don't 'need' compressor spinning to draw vac....