I'm Sure I put the AC Belt on... I'm sure I put the AC Belt on...I'm sure..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ok, I've been messing with my AC. No worky. New drier, SECOND pump from Cruiser Parts(*.#+%!) vaccum out the system...damn, won't go below 0 vaccum...crap, didn't plug in the compressor. Try again. Still won't go below 0 vaccum. now what? Let's turn on the AC pump on then off and then try the vac(silly I know but...). Crap, now what....wait a minute, where's the belt? I know I put it on. Where's the dang belt. Crawl under to look and low and behold I see the belt wadded up behind the water pump. Yikes. I couldn't even tell driving it to and from work. Great mechanic. NOT! I'm so bummed. I just enough about AC to be dangerous. Try again. :confused: :crybaby:
:cool:

Is your compressor seized up? When My compressor seized, it flung the belt off as you describe.

Zack

It wasn't before I installed it. We rotated it and it seemed to poof out air.
I'll check tonight(just what I wanted to do the week before holiday).

AC compressor not locked up. Pulley spins freely and the clutch turns also. Boy that belt was sure wadded up behind the WP. Had a time getting it out without removing anything. Try agin.

[not AC related]

Don't feel bad--I did a valve adjustment the other day, started it up to check timing and was startled by the blapping roar and rough idle--took a sec to realize I'd forgotten to replace the #1 plug, which I pulled when hand cranking the engine to TDC! If we knew what we were doing, what would be the fun in that? :D

Not being able to draw a vacuum has nothing to do with the belt being on or off , don't 'need' compressor spinning to draw vac....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom