I’m ok. Trucks not. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Took it out to stretch the legs, see how the front end does with the sway bar attached. Just went by myself, usually have kids and wife and dogs.

Saw a pretty new GMC sierra at the top of the hill. Had been to this spot multiple times in the past. Decided I’d go up there. Was testing out ATRAC and learning the feel of it.

Got stuck going up. Put in reverse, brakes got real soft. Rolled backwards a bit, tried to straighten it out, couldn’t. Felt the back end going up on the berm of the trail. Got to the tipping point and felt the flop was inevitable. I turtled myself and heard the windows shatter and airbag deploy.

Felt a warm splash on my face and neck. Felt around, though I cut my neck. It was my coffee that hit me in the face.

Crawled out, made some calls.

Going to be selling some wheels and tires and climate control swap parts. More later.

UPDATED - Have a for sale thread for some leftovers.

OEM TB's
OEM Fan Shroud
SCS F5 matte bronze with 295-75-16 Nitto terra grapplers
gamiviti towers
superpro steering rack bushings.

F4317636-8151-4529-B030-A0732D5E0352.jpeg

Last edited:
Whoa... Glad you are ok though

bummer, is that where it happened?

Damn. Glad you're okay.

@brownfox glad youre Ok. Story? What happened?

Really sorry to see that - glad you are okay. I'm sure the pics don't do it justice, but it doesn't look that off camber. What happened?

@brownfox Dang. That sucks On the plus side, if you ever worried about rust, your truck is CLEAN.

@brownfox Dang. That sucks On the plus side, if you ever worried about rust, your truck is CLEAN.

HHAHAHAHA! I spent a lot of time cleaning it up. That's what hurts the most about this. The picture below shows how far I made it. Got stuck on that rock, couldn't straighten out and rolled back up onto the side of the path and tipped.

IMG_6683.jpg

Been in that same spot many times, even had someone else in Wasatch flop over higher up, very similar thing. Doesn't sound like brake failure, just turning while backing up, back end went up the high side, inertia and gravity took over.

So you had brake failure on some random hill? More details?

Kinda felt like it, didn’t have any time to get my bearings again and check for the safest route backwards. I think the back end may have slid over and lined me up for the hill that tipped me. Although the trail did curve a bit, I just couldn’t react in time to account for it.

Glad you're okay. Back in the day with my 78' K5 the same thing happen except it was a smoother trail for the 30mph descent downhill. In my case the fuel injection failed no power at all. I managed to keep it upright.

Oh man that's terrible, glad you are okay and able to post on here. Does insurance cover stuff like this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom