I'm new here, so is my hundy. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A few months ago I purchased a 2000 100 Series and have since built and installed a storage/bed unit and removed the running boards.

60446205425__B2B776CC-B405-4D69-84BD-CA05EF33CA88.jpeg

IMG_4104.jpeg

IMG_4106.jpeg

Should anyone want to know the measurements I used for this and how it was installed, I can add that. It's mounted completely to existing tie downs and seat mounts.

I'm replacing the starter next (started going out the other day) and installing a couple missing trim pieces as well. After that I'm looking to build a roof rack from T-Slot aluminum bits and eventually add a ~2" lift and winch.

For the starter install, I've already found a few useful tutorials here, but I am curious if anyone has any tips for what other maintenance can be done while I have the intake manifold off (apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, I haven't found a post for it yet) since it seems like its gonna be a whole thing.

Past that, any thoughts for a new owner of an overland project is appreciated. I'll be trawling the rest of the forum for thoughts, but figured I'd share where I'm at so far.

Here's one more photo from the last time I had it out.
IMG_4259.jpeg

IMG_4138.jpeg

I'm diggin' that projector setup. Well done! (sorry, don't have much to offer in the way of answers to your questions. Still getting my Cruiser feet under me too)

Nice projector setup! That's pretty cool. The mobile projectors were all the rage a while back, but I haven't seen them in a while. Maybe that'll entice my family to camp more... hmmm.

Starter install is a bit of a pain. I'd be sure to have all the fuel line gaskets on hand. They're cheap and good to have. I'd have fuel injectors cleaned and replace the fuel filter, but those aren't required by any means. Have a gasket for the intake manifold on hand, as well. Another good thing to have or check is the valve cover gaskets. they're easy to replace once you have the manifold off and can be a common leak point for oil.

If you have the remote keys, check out the YotaMD titanium reinforced keys I make. The factory plastic key shells can and do fracture without warning and can leave you hunting for a pliers to key get your key out of the ignition. Not a fun surprise.

Welcome!

Nice projector setup! That's pretty cool. The mobile projectors were all the rage a while back, but I haven't seen them in a while. Maybe that'll entice my family to camp more... hmmm.

Starter install is a bit of a pain. I'd be sure to have all the fuel line gaskets on hand. They're cheap and good to have. I'd have fuel injectors cleaned and replace the fuel filter, but those aren't required by any means. Have a gasket for the intake manifold on hand, as well. Another good thing to have or check is the valve cover gaskets. they're easy to replace once you have the manifold off and can be a common leak point for oil.

If you have the remote keys, check out the YotaMD titanium reinforced keys I make. The factory plastic key shells can and do fracture without warning and can leave you hunting for a pliers to key get your key out of the ignition. Not a fun surprise.

Welcome!
x2. If you don’t have a YotaMD key shell, you want to be stranded.

Super cool, that projector is a great idea.

Super cool, that projector is a great idea.
I made some insulation inserts for the windows and covered the rear insert in a white fabric for my anker nebula projector. Worked much better than I thought it would and now I'm thinking of making a more permanent mount for the projector (since the cup holders it fits in are too far off center, unfortunately).

Oh wow that is cool now i know how to use the LG PH150b i got for free for purchasing an LG phone. It's a 720p LED projector with 2.5 hour battery. Been sitting for 2 years in my drawer.

A few months ago I purchased a 2000 100 Series and have since built and installed a storage/bed unit and removed the running boards.

View attachment 2273873
View attachment 2273877
View attachment 2273878

Should anyone want to know the measurements I used for this and how it was installed, I can add that. It's mounted completely to existing tie downs and seat mounts.

I'm replacing the starter next (started going out the other day) and installing a couple missing trim pieces as well. After that I'm looking to build a roof rack from T-Slot aluminum bits and eventually add a ~2" lift and winch.

For the starter install, I've already found a few useful tutorials here, but I am curious if anyone has any tips for what other maintenance can be done while I have the intake manifold off (apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, I haven't found a post for it yet) since it seems like its gonna be a whole thing.

Past that, any thoughts for a new owner of an overland project is appreciated. I'll be trawling the rest of the forum for thoughts, but figured I'd share where I'm at so far.

Here's one more photo from the last time I had it out.
View attachment 2273909

View attachment 2273907
How'd you do the projector setup? I'm gonna have to steal that for date night ;)

How'd you do the projector setup? I'm gonna have to steal that for date night ;)
At the moment I just set it on a book on the mattress and project onto an insert I mentioned in the last comment, but I’m working on finding a more permanent place for it. At the moment the projector has its own battery so it’s easy to toss anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom