I'm looking to lend a hand with any projects (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys! I'm wanting to help out with any (preferably mechanical) projects anyone has coming up. This is really two fold; 1 is to help out some fellow cruisers and 2. gain some additional experience. A bunch of guys have helped me over the last year or so and I want to give back a little.

Recent projects undertaken on the 100:

CV boot replace x 2. Somewhat successful (with moral support from Phoenix). :bang:

Diff/Xfer case drain and fill plug conversion to 10mm hex and associated fluid change.

Heat shield rattle fix on catalytic converter.

Removed running boards.

As a side note, still cannot find the "chirping" squeak on back end while riding over bumps. Any ideas on what this could be? Also, any recommendations on repairing drivers seat cushion? Leather seats and the stitching has separated. Not wanting to go with the duct tape option :rimshot:

I have a cab mount chop on a taco coming up (thanks Jerimiah for the referral). As soon as I have a date scheduled I'll let you know. Waiting on my client to let me know what is convenient for him. There wouldn't be any assistance on this one but more observation, general knowledge and welding.

Also planning diff breathers, vehicle mounted 2m and a drawer system on White Rabbit, to start with, this winter.

I will keep you posted as to when the work is being done so if you want to come by the door is open.

Last edited:
I've been poking around on my FJ60 a few evenings a week as time allows. If you want to come over, you're welcome to. I am going to be adding a secondary electrical system with a fuse box, relays, new cables and wiring up some LED Light bars. Here is what I made for the 100, the new one for the 60 is going to be a little less involved as I am not going to add a second battery. But it'll be similar in design and I can show you some of the same techniques.

IMG_3312.JPG

I have a cab mount chop on a taco coming up (thanks Jerimiah for the referral). As soon as I have a date scheduled I'll let you know. Waiting on my client to let me know what is convenient for him. There wouldn't be any assistance on this one but more observation, general knowledge and welding.

Also planning diff breathers, vehicle mounted 2m and a drawer system on White Rabbit, to start with, this winter.

I will keep you posted as to when the work is being done so if you want to come by the door is open.

Yeah! Definitely keep me posted.

I've been poking around on my FJ60 a few evenings a week as time allows. If you want to come over, you're welcome to. I am going to be adding a secondary electrical system with a fuse box, relays, new cables and wiring up some LED Light bars. Here is what I made for the 100, the new one for the 60 is going to be a little less involved as I am not going to add a second battery. But it'll be similar in design and I can show you some of the same techniques.

View attachment 1841393

This would be awesome as I know nothing about electrical. I've been thinking about adding a second battery to my 100, so this would really help i think. Let me know when you're working on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom