I'm in! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Picked up a 2007 LX on Friday after a quick deal done earlier in the week. Found a freshly listed LX with 49,000 miles in my town. I'd been looking all over the country and this was too good to pass up. Made time over lunch to get to the dealer and check it out. Told them I wanted it and we made it work. Apparently they had 7 call on it during that first day - one was a guy in the classifieds here. It was at a local Benz dealer and had just been traded in. Was still dirty and needed to be detailed. They also did front and rear brakes and repacked the wheel bearings. It's in great shape other than a few small paint chips. Has a good history too. Anyway, I'm super excited to play around with the 100. Need to sell my 80 now, although I really want to keep it for my son. Unfortunately, he only turns 14 this year and having an extra car sitting around might be a pain.

Took it out for a little spin yesterday. I'm pretty sure this was the most "off road" than it has ever seen!

First up is removing the running boards then I need to get some tires. I have KO2s on the 80 and KOs on my Sprinter so I'm pretty sure I'll be doing KO2s on this - 275/70/18 seems like the way to go. I also need to get a Blue tooth adapter for some music.

Mud has been great!

509D2C6A-D504-439E-9323-6709EF203060_zpstmdxkgxm.jpg

4E4C5CC7-0921-4A8D-B9ED-CA9803D14758_zpstwlmru9q.jpg

BFC1A016-481D-47BB-8D44-DA381B635D19_zpsgq8tbv5l.jpg

And some pics of the 80.

7B831555-8DFA-4635-9774-A1456C197C5B_zpsnctpha5o.jpg

IMG_9518.jpg

Damn that's really low mileage, i'm afraid to ask what the dealer was listing the truck for..

If I remember correctly from the classified section- he stole that lx. $25k

VicTsing Wireless In-Car Bluetooth FM Transmitter Radio Adapter Car Kit with 1.44 Inch Display and USB Car Charger AUX Input TF Card Slot Amazon.com: VicTsing Wireless In-Car Bluetooth FM Transmitter Radio Adapter Car Kit with 1.44 Inch Display and USB Car Charger AUX Input TF Card Slot: Cell Phones & Accessories

I've had mine for a year, works great still. And it has USB ports for charging your phone or your kids tablet.

That's super easy. May try something like that at first but I want to do the Vais or the USASpec module.

Thanks all. Looking forward to driving this thing.

Funny, I first started looking at 100s and was thinking I'd spend $10-12,000 and get an early model with 150,000+ miles. Unfortunately, I found very few close to me. Ended up in contact with a couple guys from Mud about buying theirs and all of a sudden I was breaking that $20,000 barrier. Both of those rigs were out of town and would require flights and long drives or shipping. Didn't matter as they sold before I could do the deal anyway. So when one popped up local I had to do it. More than I thought I would spend but I don't think I really over payed too much. The lack of travel and hassle factored in too.

I've had my 80 for almost 10 years and it's been great. I'm hoping this one is the same.

That's super easy. May try something like that at first but I want to do the Vais or the USASpec module.

That little transmisster works great, the only problem I've had was finding a clear enough channel with no interference when traveling. In town no biggy, thats on preset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom