I'm gonna go strip a '70 Pig... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pighead

Stop calling it an FJ
Threads
...This weekend.
Ran into Ron, a true Knight, at the PMC swapmeet, he told me he had a '70 Pig for parts, what did I want that he didn't want. So I swung by his place in Santa Rosa. Saw the Pig, took what I wanted. I'm going back this weekend to finish the job.
Ron's keeping the tailgate and some sheetmetal, 55guy and bob on Birfield will fight over the roof/driver's door pillar. I want the doors ('cause I guess I got a thing for doors). Is it Tucker who needs the rear seat hinges? And who needs what else. I'm starting a list. Oh, the springs? No, I'm thinking I might actually sell something for money (to some '40 guy. Unless aPig really needs them somwhere) and buy a tank of gas. And a red star?

I really need a stock air cleaner assy, reflectors, backup lights with good lenses, taillight lenses, a good defrost setup, because my hoses and such are toast. I don't suppose any of that stuff is there if it is pretty stripped down...

How bout wiper arms?

O.K., update;
Ron put off the final parting out until next weekend.

(Yotahilux) "How bout wiper arms?"
I think so...

(FJBen) "Hmmm...I would definitely be interested in the springs!!!"
Hmmmm...Why?

(FeO2pig) "How about some headliner bows? I need 4."
I know those are there

(lowenbrau) "Looking for a good rear bumper and a cargo floormat."
I know it's got a front bumper (they make good rear bumpers, you know)
I'll check on the rest.

"Hey man - I've been meaning to give Ron a call about the rear seat hinges, if you could grab them I'd appreciate it greatly! Let me know -

Tucker"
Lazy bastard

(bitfreak420) "Also, a license-plate light, big-time. The one-piece one, bet there is no way there is one of those suckers on there, hopefully I'm wrong?"
Nope; for once you're right

(bitfreak420) "I really need a stock air cleaner assy, reflectors, backup lights with good lenses, taillight lenses, a good defrost setup, because my hoses and such are toast. I don't suppose any of that stuff is there if it is pretty stripped down..."
This Pig has a holley or somethin' on it, but I have an aircleaner or two...defrost hoses are available at your vacuum cleaner store...

Hey, tucker74, good news is, I got your hinges...
Bad news; I had to buy the whole back seat (upper & lower) to get them. You owe me big time.
More bad news; they seem integral to the upper seat...
Lemme take a closer look tomorrow after unloading.

Pighead said:
Hey, tucker74, good news is, I got your hinges...
Bad news; I had to buy the whole back seat (upper & lower) to get them. You owe me big time.
More bad news; they seem integral to the upper seat...
Lemme take a closer look tomorrow after unloading.
Thanks man! I wonder why mine are gone then ... you think they changed the design? Let me know what you find -

Tucker

Those pesky rearseat hinges...

The pair off the '70 look strange, I wonder if they're stock, 2 pics of them, one of the hinge in my '74.
2004_0824Image0003.JPG
2004_0824Image0004.JPG
2004_0824Image0005.JPG

They come apart easy though! 2 screws and just slide 'em out.
2004_0824_220506.JPG
2004_0824_220601.JPG

Those are not stock, but whoever machined them did a good job!

Yup, I like 'em. like 'em so much I put 'em on my Pig. Tucker, you can have my old stockers.

cardinal fang said:
Those are not stock, but whoever machined them did a good job!

lowenbrau said:
Looking for a good rear bumper and a cargo floormat.
if you don't get a cargo floormat here, might try emailing bruce miller at bem@epocs.com...i know he had a couple fronts, so i'm betting the rear is underneath all the crap in the 79 he's got in longmont.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom