Wanted I’m Donating my eyes in the Raleigh and Surrounding areas. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX450
  2. 100 Series
  3. LX470
  4. GX470
  5. GX460
  6. 200 Series
  7. LX570
This applies to all series of the LC/LX, and I will consider extending it to GXs and other platforms that are common on mud later. Let’s see how this goes first.

Also, I will prioritize members who joined before this post, so that people don’t join just for a free inspection lol.

Basically, I have my LX setup so that I can go live and blog from anywhere as long as the LX is within a few hundred feetand I even have a remote control camera truck for undercarriages. Sometime in the near future I will even be able to take you along for the test ride (live stream book bag). Just minor kinks left to work out to refine the sound and video quality, but for the most part she’s good to go!

I am no expert but I most certainly can give you a better look than pictures and words can ever do, and it will all be done live so you can ask me in real time to look closer at any areas of interest/concerns.

Free service to mud members, only thing I ask is that if it’s more than 10 miles from me, that you consider a small donation, just enough to cover the gas.

Last edited:
Hmm. I’m down in Wilmington trying to find a rig- been contemplating ditching my TRD Pro 4runner for one in decent condition.

Lemme know if any pops up in my area and I will be glad to take a look for you. If I decide to check any out around here that I run across, but not requested, I will Also post it here.

Also, if you are a member trying to sell your rig and need help documenting/showing it off, then let me know and I will be glad to help you with that as well. Again, free service to members.

This applies to all series of the LC/LX, and I will consider extending it to GXs and other platforms that are common on mud later. Let’s see how this goes first.

Also, I will prioritize members who joined before this post, so that people don’t join just for a free inspection lol.

Basically, I have my LX setup so that I can go live and blog from anywhere as long as the LX is within a few hundred feetand I even have a remote control camera truck for undercarriages. Sometime in the near future I will even be able to take you along for the test ride (live stream book bag). Just minor kinks left to work out to refine the sound and video quality, but for the most part she’s good to go!

I am no expert but I most certainly can give you a better look than pictures and words can ever do, and it will all be done live so you can ask me in real time to look closer at any areas of interest/concerns.

Free service to mud members, only thing I ask is that if it’s more than 10 miles from me, that you consider a small donation, just enough to cover the gas.

You're a great American!

Dangcat—I’m trying to gather more
Info on this one:

2015 LX570 Apex, NC

I waiting on pictures and the dealers story about the reported rear end damage.

I’m impressed that the selling dealer had it serviced (brakes replaced and car inspected ) by Lexus before listing it.

Not an official inspection request yet—I’m from the Triangle but currently stationed in Lower Alabama.

this is the perfect year and color in my book.

Dangcat—I’m trying to gather more
Info on this one:

2015 LX570 Apex, NC

I waiting on pictures and the dealers story about the reported rear end damage.

I’m impressed that the selling dealer had it serviced (brakes replaced and car inspected ) by Lexus before listing it.

Not an official inspection request yet—I’m from the Triangle but currently stationed in Lower Alabama.

this is the perfect year and color in my book.

Just let me know brother, I tried calling them to see when a good time to come look is, and I think they are closed now. It’s pretty close to me so it would be no problem at all!

@Hawkdrivr Hey bud I just spoke to them, and I’m going to be spending some time at their lot today. I explained to them that I just wanted to check it out and document for members from other states, and they were happy to let me come and inspect it. They have a 2020 GX as well so may check that out after the LX.

Again, I’m no expert so if there is anything in particular I need to aim the camera at or test, then please let me know! Otherwise I will just do my best to be thorough. This one is close to me and I got nothing better to do today so perfect day to check out some LXs and LCs!

@Hawkdrivr Hey bud I just spoke to them, and I’m going to be spending some time at their lot today. I explained to them that I just wanted to check it out and document for members from other states, and they were happy to let me come and inspect it. They have a 2020 GX as well so may check that out after the LX. Again, I’m no expert so if there is anything in particular I need to aim the camera at or test, then please let me know! Otherwise I will just do my best to be thorough. This one is close to me and I got nothing better to do today so perfect day to check out some LXs and LCs!

There is a report of damage to the rear—so any repairs or what not (i wouldn’t really know what to look for on this tbh...)

The infamous radiator crack would be a good thing to check.

They don’t have any pictures and haven’t sent me any—so I’m curious about wear and tear (especially drivers seat). I want it for the wife’s daily so I’d like something that feels special, not an old beater for camping.

I don’t expect any rust—but it would be nice to confirm rust free as I hope to keep this for 10+ years.

Depending on what you say/send I’ll probably tryand have a PPI done by Lexus before I pull the trigger.

Thanks again!

Also—they claim to be haggle-free but I’d honestly like a bit more off with the damage report on the carfax...if you get a feel for their pricing it would be awesome.

I could potentially send the “negotiator” in there (my father) if things are tracking well.

Also—they claim to be haggle-free but I’d honestly like a bit more off with the damage report on the carfax...if you get a feel for their pricing it would be awesome.

I could potentially send the “negotiator” in there (my father) if things are tracking well.

Did you look at Toyota/Lexus history as well? I plan on looking at it when I am Live, just to see if the previous techs have made any notes regarding areas of concern. I’m not very good at negotiating so no promises there lol; but maybe the camera can catch something you can use in the negotiation process.

I will keep that phone on me, so you can either call/text me for fast response/best way to alert me to take a closer look at certain areas/ask certain questions to the sales rep. You can also use twitch chat but I don’t have a good habit of checking that yet, but I do occasionally check.

Hey bud, I spent too much time trying to fix the RC truck today (broke the link that connects the driveshafts to the gear box) and did not have enough time to do the test drive. I got all day tomorrow though but Tofu will be out of commission for a few days while they ship out the gearbox replacement. Good thing we knocked out undercarriage with last stream, which I thought looked great!

Tomorrow we will spend some more quality time with her and give her a thorough test drive, so please leave a list of things I should keep an eye for for here. Also, I did get permission to take engine covers off, so radiator will be checked along with whatever else you want! Just lemme know bro!

Honestly the radiator is the big thing that should be easy to check if you know what you’re looking for. Cam tower leak? (I wouldn’t even know where to look for that tbh.) Leaking AHC struts (again I wouldn’t be an expert here either)? I can’t think of anything else specifically.

You probably know more than I do anyways as a current owner.

Thanks again!

Good service, thanks for that!

@Dangcat were you able to score another good deal, if not better than yours, for your co-worker? :cool:

Good service, thanks for that!

@Dangcat were you able to score another good deal, if not better than yours, for your co-worker? :cool:
It’s my pleasure brother, and thank you for your kind words!

Nope, I am trying to teach him how to find his own now, because he is the only one who wants it bad enough to go through what I went through. If I tried to do it for him without the same drive I had before I had my own, then I will just come up short/disappoint, and in that case he is better off looking on his own. I just asked him to let me take a look before he settles on one, but also talked to him about how they do sell fast so he knows to act quick once he finds what may be “the one”. That’s honestly the best gift I can give him, is to put the power in his hands! It’s all up to him now.

FYI, I will be working to improve on the sound quality this month. I’m in the process of contacting some small manufacturers asking them to send me a free mic to do live testing with, fingers crossed.

I will also work on video quality. I hope to get another action cam as mine is really scratched up, as visible in the lens/footage (Sony as300). Hopefully the next one will have better quality and stabilization.

Lastly, I will work on my connection by adding 1 more line to the mix. Right now it is only Visible powering everything, but there are a few areas where it could use some help. I will look into 1 more line And then bond the signal with the visible connection (maybe ATT so I can help @NDizzle figure out his setup as well). Stream is fairly stable with only 1 sim from visible, but I do broadcast in 720P at the moment (about 4MB/s upload speed Required). With a second connection I can bump it up to 1080P at 6MB/s Bitrate.

Anyways, just wanted to remind you guys you’re not alone. I have a feeling we all went through this the first time we got a vehicle with Crawl Control!

Last edited:
Hey @Dangcat I noticed that with my Visible sim I was able to increase my upstream from a hard capped 5mbit when I changed the TTL to 64 (from 65). Try both, maybe?

Increased latency is certainly built into the Visible stuff. I believe what I need is a 4x4 MIMO setup. I'm looking hard at the LTE HACKS FB (and forum) the past day to figure out what to build.

Hey @Dangcat I noticed that with my Visible sim I was able to increase my upstream from a hard capped 5mbit when I changed the TTL to 64 (from 65). Try both, maybe?

Increased latency is certainly built into the Visible stuff. I believe what I need is a 4x4 MIMO setup. I'm looking hard at the LTE HACKS FB (and forum) the past day to figure out what to build.

Nicely done bud! I have been averaging 10-30 download and 5-20 upload while traveling around the Raleigh area, so have assumed that my Mofi is properly configured for that reason. It rarely drops under that and usually doesn’t last long if it does (usually a router reset brings it back up to speed). But now that you mentioned it, the speed may be capped and I am getting more because I use speedify. I can confirm or deny this when I mess around with different TTL, and see if my speed gets better when using speedify plus a different TTL. We need to start a separate thread to really get behind the science of this, as this can save a lot of mud members a lot of money! WiFi everywhere you go that has cell signal, for all your devices and for under $50 per month, is a big piece of the puzzle when trying to bring the comforts of home to your campsites!

I am coming up on 250GBs with almost 2 weeks left and still no throttle, and I’ve been able to stream everywhere I’ve went. If it’s good enough for me when I stream live so often, then it’s likely good enough for most Mudders. You start the thread and I will gladly contribute to figure this out. It’s all about messing with different Mofi settings for different carriers. We know it’s possible even with big carriers who have strict limits, thanks to unlimitedville and similar sites that prove it’s possible!

I think I still want to pick up a second line for backup signal, or for bonding multiple carriers for really remote locations, so I’d love to see a backup of all your settings from unlimitedville with ATT sim, before you return it (if you can make visible work with your own Mofi).

Much appreciated bud!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom