I'm doing the old FJ45 on an FJ80 chassis (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks great! Please don’t take my previous statement as criticism. I was just answering why the front axle was rearward in the wheel wells. I think you did an incredible job and it is a very sweet truck. I am jealous.

The tan truck was a practice truck. It came out nice but had an Aqualu bed, cab and fenders. Rode rough and a couple hundred miles in it made you feel like a bruised turd. I see what is mentioned about the front axle but I don't think it is enough to warrant all the labor involved for the minuscule change in aesthetics? I just realized that I'm keeping black bits signature. Also I apparently like to have the spares present and visible. Excuse the filthy picture, I actually use this truck.

View attachment 1905113

View attachment 1905114

View attachment 1905117

View attachment 1905119
Great looking trucks man, and useful as heck!
you did a great job

Looks great! Please don’t take my previous statement as criticism. I was just answering why the front axle was rearward in the wheel wells. I think you did an incredible job and it is a very sweet truck. I am jealous.
Envious. You are envious.

Thank you everyone, so nice to hear appreciation for these old trucks. Decided it was nice enough and took it back down to metal for a proper paint.

3C6F347F-8159-4A56-A902-58E1F97C69B3.jpeg

38CA09EC-015F-45A2-B47A-2C9D8F0BD53F.jpeg

What size & brand of tires did you decide to go with ? Wheels ? Heigjht & width ? From here they appear tall & skinny ? 👍
L👀ks like a MIGHTY FINE JOB ALL THE WAY AROUND FRIEND.

I too used a different frame in our creation...quite the challenge !

Da boyz got skillz.

What size & brand of tires did you decide to go with ? Wheels ? Heigjht & width ? From here they appear tall & skinny ? 👍
L👀ks like a MIGHTY FINE JOB ALL THE WAY AROUND FRIEND.

I too used a different frame in our creation...quite the challenge !

OEM FJ80 wheels with 286/75/16 Toyo MTs.

This is done heaps in Australia, here’s a Facebook group:

there’s even a guy that does laser cut brackets for body mounts and various engine options, 1H*, LS, Ford Barra etc:

This is done heaps in Australia, here’s a Facebook group:

there’s even a guy that does laser cut brackets for body mounts and various engine options, 1H*, LS, Ford Barra etc:

OK, ::mind blown::

I’m not on FB, but damn I swear I’m starting to warm up.

I’ve got chub for wide 40’s & as much as I love my boat’s LS3 motor, I see a easy reason to repower something with one, esp a worn/rolled 80 chassis under a wide 40 body.

I gotta get back to property searching & priority 1 is a pole building & another hoist.

OK, ::mind blown::

I’m not on FB, but damn I swear I’m starting to warm up.

IMHO that group is one of the few decent Facebook cruiser groups. Rest of them are just “what size tyres with what lift?”

There’s even a PDF on the 80 chassis 40 group detailing the major issues to overcome. Very cool that people are so willing to share the secrets of their hard work.

@LeRoy Cordova - How tough was it to get the bedliner material off the truck before you painted it?

The reward isn't the ease with which the bed-liner was removed, the reward is seeing the finished product. A straight answer would go something like this, Not as bad as expected. It took work but it was well worth it.

The reward isn't the ease with which the bed-liner was removed, the reward is seeing the finished product. A straight answer would go something like this, Not as bad as expected. It took work but it was well worth it.

I agree - the paint result is fantastic!!!!!

digging this up a little to book mark it.

I was a big fan of the "frozen red", I didnt even realize it was bedliner.

This thing looks awesome man congrats, who would buy a gladiator when you can have this thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom