I'm ditching the running boards. YEAH! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got a 97 LX450 and I'm gettin rid of the running boards. I have mudflaps in the back but not in the front. Has anyone does this? Are any of the bolts hidden? Any input is appreciated...
Godzilla extra small.jpg

its pretty straight forward....something like three or four right angled brackets that bolt into the backside of the rocker panel . Nothing really hidden from sight.
When i removed my running boards i got some used front ones from ebay for like 10 bucks and slapped them on. I dont see why you really need them but they may help with rock flying up into the rocker.
I'm thinking of taking my rears off though as i think it looks better w/o them.

Two choices up front - mud flaps (used or from Cdan) or flare caps from Slee. Don't know if Christo has the caps on the website yet, but a little search on a thread from me regarding sliders will find the caps of which I speak. hehehe

Oh Yea - very straight forward removal. Three right angle holders each side with two bolts each. Careful of the PS front if exhaust is hot.

And they are heavier than they look...block them up as you remove bolts so the last bolts won't bind on ya. IMHO

I like em fine - but it's only been a couple of weeks. We'll see if they get F'd up easily, then we'll pass judgement. It's possible I'll be switchin to steels by Christmas!

Zilla,

Do you have any plans for the running boards after you remove them? I'm looking for some for the wifes' DD.

TIA,

Dave Rising

I would gladly sell them to you! You'll also notice that LR_RESQ is selling his, but I'll bet that I'm closer to you (I'm in Dallas Texas) than he is - Portland Oregon!!!

They need to be painted probably, but they're physically in good shape. This car belonged to a soccer mom before me, so there's no cracks in them at all. I guess I'd ask $150 for the pair...let me know!

I'll give you mine FREE. just pay the shipping.

BADMOON said:
Zilla,

Do you have any plans for the running boards after you remove them? I'm looking for some for the wifes' DD.

TIA,

Dave Rising

Why are all the good deals so far from Oklahoma? Thanks to all-I'm hoping to find some close to home so shipping won't kill the deal.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom