I'm clueless!!!

Discussion in '100-Series Cruisers' started by Rumplestiltskin, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Rumplestiltskin

Rumplestiltskin

Ok, the TLC is running like a cylinder is dead, but I disconnected a couple of connectors(injector or spark, not sure on this motor)... and it still runs the same. I can't imagine there's two or more that aren't firing, but I suppose that's possible.

Any ideas how to track this down?

2. Trunk Monkey

Trunk Monkey Moderator

3. Rumplestiltskin

Rumplestiltskin

Going to do that in the AM. Probably going to pick up a code reader as well, now that both of our cars are OBDII. I had a Nissan Consult for my 300ZX, but got rid of the Z and got a G35, so I might as well have a reader since it will work on both cars.

4. Rumplestiltskin

Rumplestiltskin

Ok, pulled codes and got the following:

P0300
    P0301
    P0305
    P0120
    P1126

5. TlcBol

TlcBol

replace spark plugs and TPS and dont forget to clean the throtlebody

6. Rumplestiltskin

Rumplestiltskin

The TPS one bugs me, because it's been driving fine after I replaced it not long ago... but cleaning the TB can't hurt. Spark plugs have roughly 30k miles on them, but replacing them is cheap.

I need to determine if it's a coil pack that's causing the problem. I think I'm getting multiple cylinder misfire codes because I pulled a connector while it was running yesterday to see if it made a difference - really need a code reader for that.

7. TlcBol

TlcBol

you all ready pull p0300 thas means random missfire on cyl #1 and #5 if you wat to check the coils just swap coil 2 and 4 to Cyl 1 and 5 and off cousrce coil 1-5 to cyl 2 and 4, clear the cel and drive if the CEL cmos back and you have p0302 and p0304 tha will confirm tahat the coil are bad

8. Rumplestiltskin

Rumplestiltskin

Thanks. I'll probably sit in the Autozone parking lot and swap the coils around. #1 is probably there because I pulled the connector last night trying to determine which cylinder was causing the problem, but I'll swap it around as well just to be sure.

Thanks

9. Rumplestiltskin

Rumplestiltskin

Naturally it was the coil pack on #5. The code indicating #1 was bad was because I'd pulled a connector while trying to troubleshoot before. Anyway, problem solves - thanks guys.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.