I'm buying this Lexus LX450: (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK, before I screw up.....whatcha think?

No lockers (no biggie because I'll regear this one....so I'm only out the locker cost)

Very good condition
In AZ, so rust is not an issue
CD changer
Loaded

$10,500

YEA?
NEA?

I paid $12k for mine w/112k miles, loaded/locked, and in great condition, that price definitely sounds in line (or cheaper) with the cost of LXs when I was looking over the summer.

To expensive for no lockers. You should be able to pick something up for 7-8k for no lockers in that mileage range. I paid 8k for mine unlocked

Biff said:
To expensive for no lockers. You should be able to pick something up for 7-8k for no lockers in that mileage range. I paid 8k for mine unlocked

One from a good climate? No rust issues. I've been looking for almost 2 months.

Biff said:

Biff: Was yours your '94 or do you have a '97 too? Cruiser or Lexus? THANKS!

I think it's about right. For reference, I bought mine 1 year ago for about 12k...when gas was ONLY $1.98 gal :doh:

ShottsUZJ100 said:
Biff: Was yours your '94 or do you have a '97 too? Cruiser or Lexus? THANKS!

94, cruiser, no rust, perfect condition, socal climate. I guess a 97 lexus could go for a few grand more but 12k for unlocked it pushing it.

That sounds like a good price to me.

Everyone will say you can get them cheaper, but when a perfect one is sitting in front of you for a reasonable (say, Kelly Blue Book) price, take it.

There are cheaper ones out there, but it all depends on location and condition of the vehicle.

Sounds like a good deal here in Bay Area, CA.

I would have loved to find mine local...I say if lockers isn't a problem for you and you don't mind the miles I think it is an okay deal.

LX_TREME said:
How about TX truck ? Less than $8K.Looks pretty clean, no reserve and diff lock.
Good Luck

Seen that. THANKS! (Too many miles for me. 113K in this AZ one is against my desire)
My other challenge has been finding a smoke-free one. :mad:

I'd bet I could find a non-black one and with lockers, but adding in rust-free and smoke-free makes it tough.

I think I'm tired of looking. :confused:

you got enough toys already to keep you busy, wait until you find a light-colored ones with lockers and lower mileage. They're out there, I got one.

Sounds like a decent deal to me. I would like to know where everyone is finding these light colored, locked, under 100k miles in great shape for less than 12k. Because if you know of one, please let me know, I too have been looking for over a month. Everything within a 250 miles radius is either got a ton of miles, is in rough shape, has no lockers, is dark colored and they still want 14k plus.

Perhaps a few bucks high BUT it does have a SOLID FRONT AXLE.......:D

Since a re-gear is in the works I wouldn't care if it had locks or not because the locked rear diff is a pain to set-up the new gears in.

Go for it John.

D-

e9999 said:
you got enough toys already to keep you busy, wait until you find a light-colored ones with lockers and lower mileage. They're out there, I got one.

I'm going to get it. Considering the shape it's in I can always turn it if needed.

I'm expecting me to like and be satisfied with a "normal" 80/LX. With a quieter ride, adjustable seats that are leather and the other luxo goodies that my '93 doesn't have (my '93's cloth and poopy) I'm pretty sure I'll change my tune about the 80-series. If I do in fact like the LX I'll outfit it. If not, I'll sell it ASAP and snag a 2nd 100 instead.

THANKS!

cruiserdan said:
Perhaps a few bucks high BUT it does have a SOLID FRONT AXLE.......:D

Since a re-gear is in the works I wouldn't care if it had locks or not because the locked rear diff is a pain to set-up the new gears in.

Go for it John.

D-

Right on Dan! I need a SOLID FRONT AXLE this time. WHO SAID THAT....DAMN IT!?!?!? :D

And yes....I will re-gear this if I like the truck. I never liked my '93. I'll bet I luv this LX. If so, I'm only out the ARB part cost vs one with lockers.

I noticed a huuuuge diffence between the 94 that I drove and the 97. Felt like two totally different brands of cruiser. I think you'll like the 97 over your 93. jmho.

locrwln1 said:
I noticed a huuuuge diffence between the 94 that I drove and the 97. Felt like two totally different brands of cruiser. I think you'll like the 97 over your 93. jmho.

WOW! That's encouraging!

And to clarify my "80 position":

I'm not a '93 disliker. I'm a "my '93" disliker.

Mine was in a wreck and has a rattling roof over EVERY dirt bump.
Cloth seats
No adjustability to the seats (I hate the driving position and loath long trips)
It's NOISY (probably because ot was the entry model)

Bottom line is: Yes, the 100 has spoiled me though I cannot believe there isn't an 80 out there that isn't luxurious/comfortable. To play it safe I'm snagging an LX. I bet all works out and I'll be thrilled. Goal: Use the 100 less. I think the LX is the ticket!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom