I'm buying one... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'll be ready in Sept. 2006 to buy one to replace my wifes Heep.

Sure it's a little ugly, but it will grow on me, just like the new 4Runner and Tacoma (I hope).

Who else?

I also want one. I think it's a good start and if the sells are good, the evolution of the FJ cruiser can be very good. Maybe we can hope for a soft top in the future :D

My son likes it as well. We'll see. Right now the SOB needs better grades or he's not even getting his learners permit!

a definite possible replacement for the wife's forester if she can handle the styling. She thinks an 80 is too big.

Brentbba said:
My son likes it as well. We'll see. Right now the SOB needs better grades or he's not even getting his learners permit!
You thinking of getting your son one for his first car??? Wow, that'd be cool for him. My son definetly won't have anything resembling a new vehicle for his first. I had a beatup car that was cheap and it was exactly what I needed. My neice is 13 now and looking forward to driving, her mom (my sister) has a '99 Cruiser which she thinks she's getting...hahaha...silly girl. I told my sister to instead buy a '88-ish Toy truck std cab (can't haul lots of other kids with only a std cab), good solid, not fast truck, perfect for a first car I think. But eh, what do I know...

I'm thinking I might get my youngest daughter one of these when she starts driving. Just 10 years away.

On the other hand, my 8 year old can drive the FJ45, it should be on the road by the time she'll be needing it.

mabrodis said:
You thinking of getting your son one for his first car??? Wow, that'd be cool for him. My son definetly won't have anything resembling a new vehicle for his first. I had a beatup car that was cheap and it was exactly what I needed. My neice is 13 now and looking forward to driving, her mom (my sister) has a '99 Cruiser which she thinks she's getting...hahaha...silly girl. I told my sister to instead buy a '88-ish Toy truck std cab (can't haul lots of other kids with only a std cab), good solid, not fast truck, perfect for a first car I think. But eh, what do I know...

Well........at this point I'm very safe as the lazy SOB won't do any homework and public schools these days can't hold kids accountable for anything. Despite emails and internet access to grades, etc. almost instantaneously, we still can only 'lead the horse to water', we can't force him to drink, so to speak. Had him convinced that a nice Taco would be good, then he fell in love with the Xb and now it's the FJ. We've got a little extra in a college fund, but until grades...............he ain't gettn nuthin!

Brentbba said:
but until grades...............he ain't gettn nuthin!
There ya go.. :D

I had to keep a 3.0 GPA or higher to have car privilages in highschool, didn't matter if I paid for gas, etc (I never paid for insurance, but that's because my parents wanted me to study instead of work, so I graded papers for another teacher, easy, if I got good grades they'd pay for it, but if not then they wouldn't even let me pay for it).

I never had to worry about keeping a 3.0. That was a piece of cake for me in HS and college.

3.0 is the drop dead for a good student discount on insurance, ergo, no grades, no insurance, no permit...PERIOD, and I remind him of it probably too often. Hell, it was about $800 more a year to add my daughter and she's got good grades and is obviously a teenage girl. That's w/o a 3rd car. Just imagine what a teenage boy will do for my rates w/o a good student discount. Daughters would have been another $300/yr w/o the discount.

I agree 100% - grades b4 work if one's circumstances will allow it. I realize we're fortunate that the kids college is already put aside, plus a little. Some folks aren't as fortunate and need to work. I have the upmost respect for those who worked their arses off paying their way thru college. It takes dedication, responsibility and a true work ethic.

i'll be in the car market in another 12 to 18 months, but i don't know if that would be the one......

Wife's ECHO is going to the daughter. I think we will be in the market for one then. She can drive it for a couple of years, then I'm-a gonna wheel the bastid.

3.5 GPA would put you in the bottom 50% in Naperville Central.

My boy is working on the bottom 5%. He will be lucky to get the T-100 I'm building for him. Maybe he should get the ECHO and the daughter should get a SAS one-ton V-8 5 speed T-100. :) :princess:

I got a 86 Runner when i turned 16 in 96'. Slow as dirt, reliable and tough as nails(I did manage to destroy the rear axle once though), exactly what a teenager needs.

I'm still buying one! Even if it isn't SFA. The coolest thing is there are already aftermarket coilovers being built for the front IFS. Can you say 3" lift with less than 100 miles!

MAYBE ifn all you Joe-bobs go and buy one of them things Toyota will bring in REAL 4x4's again?

One can only hope.

TB

The title of this thread is "I'm buying one". Post your virulent crap elsewhere unless you too are buying one too:)

kc_chevota said:
on the waiting list my dealer said they are only going to make 3700 so it might be hard to get one
Another example of dealer BS, they're not making 3700, they're making 40,000/year to start and expect to sell them all and maybe increase production in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom