I'm buying my first 100 today! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
upload_2018-8-30_10-35-19.png

Wish me luck! I need recommendations for accessories/upgrades!

Nice! Remove running boards first! Is it lifted in the rear? Has the stink bug look. What do you intend to do with it?

mostly drop the kids off at school, but hopefully one day put a dead 800 lb elk in it. I don't think it is lifted, but i will soon find out.

Very nice....congratulations.

Change out your heater Tee's right away.

Look at the rear suspension to see if it has been augmented in any way. If it hasn't... then you might need to crank up the torsion bars in the front. You have some generous 'stink bug' going on there.

Beautiful cruiser. Enjoy it.

Congrats! I am new to my hundred as well and I've never been so proud of an object before. If you want to test its capabilities; remove running boards, install rock sliders, purchase beefier tires. IMO, that'll get you really far. I concur with the torsion bar advice above - stink bugging (low front end relative to rear) is natural in this vehicle but yours appears to be a bit exaggerated. At any rate, beautiful rig.

Congrats! I am new to my hundred as well and I've never been so proud of an object before. If you want to test its capabilities; remove running boards, install rock sliders, purchase beefier tires. IMO, that'll get you really far. I concur with the torsion bar advice above - stink bugging (low front end relative to rear) is natural in this vehicle but yours appears to be a bit exaggerated. At any rate, beautiful rig.

Recommendation on best bang for buck on rock sliders?

Recommendation on best bang for buck on rock sliders?

I fabricated some based on White Knuckle Off Road's design because I like it's kick-out. Pre-fabricated ones seem to go for about $900 when all is said and done. You can obviously do it cheaper on your own. With kiddos, you're probably going to want sliders that have a step on them so no little legs get caught up. Tons of threads on sliders though - have fun digging.

Typical rust free Texas truck looks like.

That spare tire needs to be replaced, it is dry rotted.

Nice color combo! Slap some Toyo R/T on it!

Underside looks nice. What's the history, main't etc on it?
seller says he maintains it himself. oil changes ever 3k and then 5k later on. Based on the looks of the vehicle, I believe him...he took good care of it.

seller says he maintains it himself. oil changes ever 3k and then 5k later on. Based on the looks of the vehicle, I believe him...he took good care of it.

I agree it looks very well maintained. I do my own maintenance as well. If someone were to do a search on my 80 series (which I've had for 18 yrs.) you would find zero on it. But I have extensive records of my own.

Its a nice vehicle to be sure.

My LX470 was very well taken care of as well and the PO was a lady. They don't always put high value on proper maintenance...but she certainly did. Nearly all Lexus Dealer service.

Coming from an LX I'm curious about that grey wood. What is it called and was it on all cars or a special edition of some sort? Cool find man!

It's on winter tires in the pics. Seems strange considering you're in Houston and the truck is rust free. But there could be a number of explanations for this, of course. Do you know where it lived before you bought it?

It spent its whole life in Oregon. I'm surprised it is not more rusty, bu the proof is in the pic. I need to get it shipped down here. Any advice on shipping methods? I'm getting quotes for $1300. Ouch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom