I'm at my absolute wits end- truck still overheating despite best efforts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not that I don't trust my own kid...but I don't trust him :flipoff2:

Covered the pos battery post AFTER telling him what could happen. Then covered my radiator fins with cardboard because I'm not exactly sure he appreciates the significance of a $1000 aluminum radiator :(

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Well, the old water pump is physically identical and it's obvious the Aisin and Toyota markings were removed. But this angers the fxxx out of me because it's obvious it's still not OEM because it's been relabeled. Plus it's a metal gasket. Nothing in the FSM does it mention using sealant.

And Photoman's 15% reduction pulley for faster water pump spins at low rpms.

Tell me more about this water pump pulley, getting ready to install the orange hub fan clutch as well and like the idea of more water circulation at low rpm.

Explain to me again how sheep's bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes........

Here you can see the old water pump with the spacer, longer studs and modified blue hub on the left. On the right is the OEM water pump and LT's Orange hub on the right. The gap is for the pulley ;)

There is a roughly 3/8" difference in stacked height.

Water pump mounted and ready to go.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Removed the battery, battery box and installed the fan, clutch and shroud...

Only to realize that with the 3FE fan there is a major issue with the fan blades hitting the tensioner idler. Ugh. Turns out you can NOT use the 3FE fan with LT's Orange hub. I don't remember reading about it but Rick said its in his thread so I guess I have myself to blame. :(

Unfortunately I needed a stock fan. I don't have a stock fan. And SOR is closing in less than 20 minutes and my 60 is being loaded out. @Dr Gil to the rescue!!! He drove down to SOR and picked it up for me. Bad ass!

image.jpg
image.jpg

I now have all three fans: TRD ringed, stock and 3FE. The stocker is going back on! You can see the width difference between the stock and 3FE.

Button everything back together and fired her up. Runs like s*** because the computer needs to relearn the mapping and I have no SC because the belt is missing. But by tomorrow morning it'll be driving just fine and I'll be able to give a full report on the new setup. I'm leaving for Sequoia tomorrow early afternoon so it'll be a good shakedown.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Oh I do. I just don't have any way of putting it on. I don't know of another easy method.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom