I'm a movie star (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ige - He is a guy making a Toyota Land Cruiser Documentary. He was in Arizona on Tuesday, came to the Rising Sun Run wends. Then I guess he went were Todd is. He is going to make a DVD that we can buy from TLCA or SOR.

Here is a picture Perry took of Matt doing the Issac Fisher thing!
2005-07-14_225958_blah_blah_blah.jpg

oh...ok...saw the website, name just slipped through my jack ridden brain :grinpimp:

Romer said:
Ige - He is a guy making a Toyota Land Cruiser Documentary. He was in Arizona on Tuesday, came to the Rising Sun Run wends. Then I guess he went were Todd is. He is going to make a DVD that we can buy from TLCA or SOR.

Here is a picture Perry took of Matt doing the Issac Fisher thing!

Buy thru TLCA? I'm not opposed or nuttin', but I know nothing about this...Todd, can you get me up to speed with this guy? How can tlca help, this ought to be a really cool project!

Last edited:
Perhaps the reference is to the notion that he's taking an ad out in the next issue of Trails. Otherwise it sounded like he planned to distribute through SOR.

TJK

He and I discussed marketing his video. He wants to sell direct as much as possible and try to break even on production costs before he goes through distribution. I am reasonably sure that between Chris, Todd and I, we talked him into advertising in Trails as his first choice. Here too I believe.

During my interview, I put my (figurative) TLCA hat on and talked TLCA up as much as I thought was reasonable, hopefully some of that will make it into the final video and not end up on the cutting room floor.

His reason for doing the video is that to his knowledge (as well as mine), there are no Land Cruiser videos on the market at all. He spent an entire day with Marv Spector and got quite a bit of footage of Marv's personal collection of rare antiques.

His target for having the final product ready for release is some time in September; run time about 50 minutes (to allow for commercial breaks for broadcast), he'd like to sell it direct for about $25-$30 CDN.

Is he going to chat about how Landcruiser owners are the most "Trail Friendly" wheelers on the planet :D

Truly though, I hope one day every 4x4 movie will include some bit of info regarding land-use and what can be done to protect what we have...

[/end of rant]

Sounds like the makings great film...

Did a run with Isaac last week here in AZ. Can't wait to see the finished product. He interviewed me, wonder if any of that will make the cut :bounce2:

cruiseroutfit said:
Is he going to chat about how Landcruiser owners are the most "Trail Friendly" wheelers on the planet :D

Truly though, I hope one day every 4x4 movie will include some bit of info regarding land-use and what can be done to protect what we have...

[/end of rant]

Sounds like the makings great film...

Two things we did discuss were how friendly Land Cruiser owners are, and how TLCA and our chapters are involved in land use. I remember the former was part of the interview, I don't remember if the latter was during the interview or whether it was after he was done filming and we were off the trail and back on the road.

Rzeppa said:
Two things we did discuss were how friendly Land Cruiser owners are, and how TLCA and our chapters are involved in land use...

Cool... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom