I'll buy the beer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Scott68FJ40

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.myblueheaven.com
I am getting to the point that I am going to need to sit my tub back onto the frame of my FJ40. I just ordered a set of body mounts that should be here sometime this week.

Anyone want to come buy and give me a hand bolting the tub on next Saturday? I will be happy to provide cold adult beverages.

Also, anyone have a complete steering column for a mid 70's FJ40 for sale? I am getting to the point where I need one of those also.

I have a lead on one but will be out of the country until March 27th :doh:

As of now, I am not 100% sure on time, but I would like to do it mid morning on Saturday. I should be able to firm that up over the next day or two.

I will PM address, but I am near Pecos & McQueen.

Depending on when, I maybe able to help.

Did you box the rear of the frame? If I had a '40 tub off, that would be my first priority.

yup

and when you are at it: box the front frame horns, too :doh:

Depending on when, I maybe able to help.

Did you box the rear of the frame? If I had a '40 tub off, that would be my first priority.

Not yet, but I will be before the final assembly. This tub install is temporary for getting the steering stuff setup.

Once I have the this done, I will be breaking everything back down to get the frame blasted and either painted or powder coated.

I may be able to help too. I have a friend in the same neighborhood, also a cruiser fan

Once I know that the mounts are actually here, I will come up with the details, but I am thinking late morning / early afternoon on Saturday. I am also thinking that we could fire the grill up for some burgers and dogs.

I really don't think it will take more than an hour or two tops to get the tub set in place and bolted down.

I may be able to help..I am in Chandler also.

I still don't have an ETA on when the body mounts are supposed to arrive. With that in mind, I think I am going to push this back a little. I appreciate the offers, and will let everyone know when I am actually ready.

Disregard the last, just as I hit the send button my door bell rang and it was the UPS guy.

How about this. If you still want to help, and can make it by 10ish, send me a PM. I will have beer on ice and will either throw something on the grill or order some pizza or something for lunch. I do have to be done by 4ish but that should be more than enough time to lower the tub on and then do some general cruiser BSing for awhile.

Thanks for all the help today guys. I really appreciate it. One step closer to getting her back on the road.
P1030278.jpg

Glad I could help and thanks for the Pizza.

Mark

Glad I could help and thanks for the Pizza.

Mark

I'm glad you were able to make it. I enjoyed the conversation. Feel free to stop by anytime. If my Tacoma is in the driveway, I am probably home. If I am working on the cruiser, I usually have one or both of the garage doors open as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom