1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'll be back

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by 65swb45, Jul 18, 2005.

1. 65swb45

65swb45 Elder Statesman Supporting Vendor

I realized in talking to LandCruiserJunky yesterday and Dave West today [btw, big thanks to both!] that a few unfortunate rumours have started because of my silence about the closing of my shop. Though I am not quite ready to resume active participation on the board or re-open the shop just yet, I thought I should take a few minutes to try and dispel some of the rumours.

First and formost, make no mistake, I WILL BE BACK! There is really not much of anything I can think of that could keep me away from something I enjoy so much for very long.

I was totally unprepared for the shock of Sacha's death, and for how much it has affected me. The more I thought about it, the more upset I got. But as fortune would have it, I am blessed with a gift for words, and I started writing EVERYTHING down about Sacha and our relationship. Within a short time, I realized that this was one of the few things I could do for Sacha's family, was to tell them what I could about the last few months of this great man's life.So far I have written several dozen pages. I think we were very close, and that it would help his family, who lived very far away, to have some of my insights.

The more I wrote about Sacha,the more I realized that in the telling, I was learning new things about myself as well. I also realized that I did not want to be distracted from such a noble and enlightening endeavor with the often coarse negotiations that go along with the day to day running of a business. I guess what I'm really trying to say here is that for the moment I have a passion for something else that is equal to my passion for landcruisers, which is the passion to capture this story while my heart is still bare, and my head is not clouded with a bunch of trivial things that will still be there in a little while.

I understand if you cannot wait for my return to deal with your landcruiser needs. I will be back to my usual grumpy self soon, ready to rebuild your old tired carbs, steering boxes, transfer cases and whathaveyou, or to barter for unobtanium etc. Until then, Thank you for your patience, support, and continuing patronage. :)

2. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    Mark-

Hang in there man.

You and Sacha's families are in my thoughts and prayers.

-Steve

3. TX_TLC

TX_TLC

The gift of words is a precious thing...I am sure his family will appreciate your gift.

4. cruiserwanted

cruiserwanted

Great idea. I am sure his family with always treasure your letter. Probably more than you will ever truely know. He will always be with you.

Thank you for the dispeling of the rumors.

5. cruiseroutfit

cruiseroutfit Supporting Vendor Moderator

Mark, keep your chin up and get back under the hood when your ready. Your a good man! :D

6. krzyabncanuck

krzyabncanuck USFS HOTSHOT

Mark , I am doing the same thing about a friend that just passed away, but I am writing about how he was in Iraq with us. It has helped me alot, as I think it will help his family also. Take your time and come back when you are ready not a second sooner.

Good luck man.

7. kling-on

kling-on Kool Arrow

Media:
    Albums:
    Good luck and God speed... come home when your ready

8. PabloCruise

PabloCruise SILVER Star

Good to hear from you Mark - be good to yourself...

9. Landpimp

Landpimp GOLD Star

Media:
    Mark, you are a wonderfull human being, I am proud to know you :)

John

10. Brentbba

Brentbba Former Golfer SILVER Star

Mark - although I don't know you, the business or the circumstances, I was touched by what you wrote above. It sounds like you have been truely blessed with what you are finding in your heart thru your writing. My thoughts are with you sir.

11. Eskimo

Eskimo SILVER Star

Glad to hear it.. You'll honor him by continuing to do what you (and he) lived for...

12. 71-CRUISER

71-CRUISER

Media:
    Take as long as you need, because as im sure you know, we will be right here waiting for you when you decide that it is time to return.

You will both be in our thoughts and prayers.

13. NorCalDoug

NorCalDoug problems solved daily...

Good to hear Mark.
    Chill for a while and resume when you're ready. :)

14. Clutchee

Clutchee I'm fun sized! SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Mark I'm sorry to not know the full circumstances above but one thing to remeber....friends will last & stay with you forever. Like I mentioned to you at Moab I will never forget staying in out tent on our honeymoon with your guitar playing adding to the setting of Moab & honeymoon. Look forward to seeing you on the trail!

15. Rascal

Rascal SILVER Star

Mark,

I'm glad your OK. Just remember - you've got people you care a great deal about you. Especially here in Texas. Plan a trip to come visit for ICBM in September. Hang in there my friend.