BaT IL 2000 LX470 67K BAT (1 Viewer)

Bring-a-Trailer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Comment section is already a bit of a clown show.

Liftgates on 100s don't rust? Lol
100 is most reliable Toyota ever? Eesh

This one ain't no beauty queen, despite the low Odo. At least the seller is showing the flaws. Underside pics should be interesting.
Timing belt done in 2012, so it's coming due again in a year or two.

I’m interested in the undercarriage pics too. Even if it’s clean under there I saw enough to make me keep looking. I was excited for second there being so close and the low miles.

No vehicle is worth buying with body rot, to me at least. That’s been a hard 60k miles for the tin worm. Alas, someone will prob pay silly money.

The most disturbing part of this whole scenario is that the Disco listed right after it is going for more money!

Seller was asked for pics of the underside, so he puts it on a lift and spray paints the ever-loving s*** out of it.

WTF.

2000_lexus_lx_157844399703dfca8a60720200107_160341.jpg

ILLINOIS should have been the first red flag and surprised BAT allowed it since they have a strict screening process on what they will accept for auction. BAT trying to make a buck I suppose. first time someone attempts to replace windshield glass it will be a horror show

Last edited:
Any educated person sees that rot on body and runs. Any overzealous fanboy rushes in and pays whatever. IMO it’s reached the ceiling as is at 7600.

Last edited:
ILLINOIS should have been the first red flag and surprised BAT allowed it since they have a strict screening process on what they will accept for auction. BAT trying to make a buck I suppose. first time someone attempts to replace windshield glass it will be a horror show

Although I do agree with you in some regard. Not everything out of IL is trash. Some of the Landcruiser postings out of IL have been decent. But this is a classic scenario of trying to take advantage of the market.

BAT used to be super strict and had very quality postings. Now and days it seems like the flood gates have opened...

I remember when I inquired about listing my FJ60 on there a few years ago they said pictures in a urban setting aren't good, you should aim to shoot in a forest/outdoor location. However, the last few land cruisers that posted on there were in "urban" or parking lots...

I guess it all comes down to how you market it.

The most disturbing part of this whole scenario is that the Disco listed right after it is going for more money!

Discovery 1's are on the rise. I have had 2, last one sold for $12,500, of course it was low miles and clean. Range Rover Classics have already taken off. Since the Defender is already out of reach for most, something had to fall in line.

Discovery 1's are on the rise. I have had 2, last one sold for $12,500, of course it was low miles and clean. Range Rover Classics have already taken off. Since the Defender is already out of reach for most, something had to fall in line.

Aren't all Discoverys low miles? ;)

It wasn't long ago they were worth hardly nothing. They were good looking when they came out and the design has really held up. A girl at my kids' school has a lifted white one on white steelies and a bunch of Camel-esque accessories. It turns my head every time.

As far as that BaT LX, no thanks. However, I think BaT would be a good place for a lot of the cherry $30K+100s that have been sitting on Autotrader.

Aren't all Discoverys low miles? ;)

It wasn't long ago they were worth hardly nothing. They were good looking when they came out and the design has really held up. A girl at my kids' school has a lifted white one on white steelies and a bunch of Camel-esque accessories. It turns my head every time.

As far as that BaT LX, no thanks. However, I think BaT would be a good place for a lot of the cherry $30K+100s that have been sitting on Autotrader.

I have been around the Rover world a lone while, many of the 3.9l V8's from the early 90s are getting 200k miles some more. I saw a Defender 90 recently at my mechanics shop with 300k on original engine. Pales in comparison to any Toyota I know, but still pretty good for Rover. The one I sold was a rare 1995 5spd with 65k miles.

I am surprised there aren't more 100's on BAT, but I am betting they know the market is inflated and they don't like to just put up cars to not sale, they make their money by sales commission on sold vehicles.

I loved the BaT comment suggesting this was easily a "$30-40K" vehicle, if not for "minor rust blisters."

LOL

Yes, there's a line of folks with 40K in their pockets looking for a beige early LX in need of tires, shortly needing a timing belt, sporting the original AHC and a midwest history.

SOLD, all in for $17000

JT6HT00W2Y0115118

Overpaid. Sorry there is no way a truck with body rust breaks 10k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom