Ikon stage 1 lift with dual rate 3" springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody running this setup and will it create a "sting bug" stance like the OME lift?
currently running ARB bull bar, no winch up front. - Thanks
Looking to see if i need to run spacers up front for level stance.

Anybody running this setup and will it create a "sting bug" stance like the OME lift?
currently running ARB bull bar, no winch up front. - Thanks
Looking to see if i need to run spacers up front for level stance.
I am looking at this same suspension. I got the metal tech 2” spacers to use on my stock springs. I checked with metal tech and they said the spacers would level it with the 3” springs. I haven’t done it yet but that’s what they told me. I like this suspension set up. I’m planning to get it this spring.

I've got the stage one kit on my white '93. Zero stinkbug and I sure like the suspension system. Other 80 drivers have said it's the nicest riding lift they've driven.

I've got the stage one kit on my white '93. Zero stinkbug and I sure like the suspension system. Other 80 drivers have said it's the nicest riding lift they've driven.
are you running bumper/winch, rear bumper, roof rack etc?

FWIW, I'm considering putting this one on the market. Maybe.

IMG_3692.jpg

The shocks, even though stage one, really are noticeable. They are valved just for the 80, and it shows. Also, the advertised increased articulation does keep the tires planted better in cross axle situations.

very nice, are those stock tires?
Yep, they're nearly new and can't justify pitching them yet. 33's would be the next step on this rig. It's already standing really tall!

Yep, they're nearly new and can't justify pitching them yet. 33's would be the next step on this rig. It's already standing really tall!

i pulled the trigger and purchased the kit from Metaltech yesterday, i am running Duratrac 33s, i will post some pic once i have them installed.

i pulled the trigger and purchased the kit from Metaltech yesterday, i am running Duratrac 33s, i will post some pic once i have them installed.
Nice. I can't imagine you won't be pleased.

I love the stance and the ride. I was originally running an OME lift, heavy in the front and medium in the rear. I have less stinkbug with the Icon
do you have a side shot of the rig for comparison? how do you like the dual rate springs vs linear?

Love my springs. I’m stinkbugged right now, but getting a bumper built for the rear so that'll calm it down. Rides really good, my only complaint is because of my tires, makes full air driving slightly harsh but once aired down a little, it rides really well. On and off road.

do you have a side shot of the rig for comparison? how do you like the dual rate springs vs linear?
15A74B39-5AF6-489F-96FC-5F22AB474513.jpeg

Attached is a picture of my rig with OME heavy front and medium rear.

Icon sits approximately 3/4 inch taller in the front and 1/4 inch taller in the rear. I have just a little stinkbug maybe 3/16.

My rig is very light I have an ARB bumper with no winch. And a Weather Guard Rat Pack box with another 100lb of tools most of the time. I drive 80% of the time on the road, and 20% on washboard roads and fire breaks. My rigs rides noticeably smoother on road with the Icon suspension. Not near as harsh of a ride as when I was running the ARB suspension that was designed for loaded down expedition style rigs. ( I wish I had the time to leave home for longer than a weekend.) Icon has just a little more body roll around corners.

On washboard roads the Icon does perform better, not as harsh. The Icon suspension is softer which makes the ride more comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom