Ikon stage 1 lift with dual rate 3" springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nice pic and info. I ordered a pair of 30mm spacers up front in anticipation to add a winch down the road, this should level out the stingbug stance.

I didn’t contact Icon. They provide 1/2” or so spacers with the kit for the driver’s side front and rear. I didn’t install them originally. They’ll probably work fine for an un-armored vehicle. I don’t remember the exact measurements but I was almost exactly 1” low on the drivers side as compared to the passenger side front and rear. Oddly the stinkbug mostly went away after the 315’s were installed. Attributed it to a heavier spare. Don’t take me as an authority though. I’m at best a 1 bannana hack with an Iphone. I don’t fault Icon, it’s just how my cruiser is set up.

Is it just me or does the thought of having to add spring spacers on a new fangled modern suspension system seem a little off?

Is it just me or does the thought of having to add spring spacers on a new fangled modern suspension system seem a little off?
Here are my .2
I think the 1" stinkbug is due to rear tire carrier and spare located on the driver's side on PIERCE's rig, i measured my rig with stock suspension with no load in the rear, and the driver's side is about 1/4" = 1/2" lower than the pass. side. Granted i have a 3FE, and the battery is on the pass. side to even things out slightly, with a 1FZ-FE, the stinkbug could potentially be more obvious with battery located on driver's side

@Marco Lau Yes, Icon's Kit does include spring spacers. The install instructions recommend installing the DS front off the hop and DS rear after, if necessary. I installed the front, but not the rear and she sit's within an 1/8" at all four corners.

Oh yeah, it's spelled Icon.

I do not have enough mileage to comment on the kit, but forsee no issues with spring spacers. Either way, every vehicle will be different and if Icon made taller DS specific coils like every other manufacturer, one may end up needing spacers anyways. I would have, and so do others with OME kits.

I'm stoked this bolt-on kit is even available for 80's!

Last edited:
Oddly the stinkbug mostly went away after the 315’s were installed. Attributed it to a heavier spare. Don’t take me as an authority though.

Did you torque front and rear control arms AFTER the truck was off jack stands and the suspension had been settled? (by jumping up and down on the bumpers front and rear or going for a drive around the block)

One of my spares weighs 120 lbs, and I have not noticed a 1/2" lean. From my install experience I cannot see how one would need 1" spacers, unless full-on expo.

Last edited:
I installed the 30mm spacers 3-4 months after initially installing the kit. It had plenty of time to settle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom