Builds Ikarus' LX470 Offroad Build and BS (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very nice! Love the wheels.
I would advise against the balance beads. From my experience they don't really work and are extremely noisy at lower speeds!

those hutchinsons are rad. good work! I've been following this build, and i have to ask what everyone else is thinking... what happens to the F5's now?! for sale?!
Thanks!

those hutchinsons are rad. good work! I've been following this build, and i have to ask what everyone else is thinking... what happens to the F5's now?! for sale?!
Thanks!

They would have been, but I had buyers lined up before I even got new tires. haha. They just sold tonight.

I would have liked to keep both sets but we don't get enough snow here in Utah for dedicated snow tires, and I don't feel like changing wheels every time I want to go offroad with a different street and offroad setup.

Got the wheels on, and a few better pictures:

V6KsZYO.jpg

lfGPMdM.jpg

eDc8So0.jpg

That looks killer. What was discounts reason for not balancing??

They said it was policy not to work on beadlocks. I think it varies from manager to manager. Some of my friends have had luck getting beadlocks balanced elsewhere, but they won't mount or dismount the tires.

did you ever swap to 2863's?

Not yet. Still on the 860s. The other day I had 500 lbs of cargo, plus the slee bumper, plus the 80lb spare. It went from this:

WSgukau.jpg

To this:

Yn1nN1U.jpg

So I'm thinking I might be ok with the 860s for now since I don't plan on carrying much more than 200 lbs when camping, etc.

Ahx9u1K.jpg

Picked up this and a Slee 2nd battery tray. Just starting to research dual battery systems - what is everyone's favorite kits/setups? Slee's looks good, as well as Blue Sea.
Slee Tray, ARB Compressor, BlueSea fuse box.......is the ticket for most. I did fused 60amp home runs down each side to 2 blue seas in the rear.

I've stated collecting parts too, Bluesea's stuff is high quality.

Another + for Blue Sea Systems. I looked at the IBS and National Luna but ended up piecing it together myself and I'm really happy with everything so far. It was a really fun project.

Slee Tray, ARB Compressor, BlueSea fuse box.......is the ticket for most. I did fused 60amp home runs down each side to 2 blue seas in the rear.

I've stated collecting parts too, Bluesea's stuff is high quality.

Thanks dudes. I have a lot to learn still.

Another + for Blue Sea Systems. I looked at the IBS and National Luna but ended up piecing it together myself and I'm really happy with everything so far. It was a really fun project.

Nice. Do you have a list of what you bought?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom