IH8myneighbors

There are douche bags all around the world. Unfortunately it is the minority of douches in the US that seem to draw all the attention. There would be little to report on if it was not for them.
Yeah I have been studying the United States I've been here for over 50 years and I remember a time when narcissism how hardly existed. The 1970s was a very good time. All kids all teenagers for the most part we're obedient they listen to their parents. Parents did not have to struggle financially like they do today. Income equality was very low and both parents didn't necessarily have to work. I lived in the average blue-collar neighborhood of brand new houses and we had the largest house I believe in the neighborhood that was custom built. College tuition was very affordable back then give pay I believe 18 weeks of your where does the pay off your tuition. Today it's 52 weeks of the average student wages that would pay for an education. A lot of students are hooked up and debt and the total student debt across United States is 1.5 trillion dollars. United States is a country where medical bankruptcy or medical suicide occurs. Those two concepts don't even exist in Canada. Plus we have on the order of 24.5 trillion dollars of debt for the first time in April of last year the u.s. debt set of the GDP since World War II at 107.00%.

you watch too much CNN and spend too much in your enclave of choice. I travel all over this country, and spend a lot of time in small towns, cities of all sizes and the definition of the Middle of no where. Every where I go, I meet friendly people that are always willing to lend a hand, or a helpful or interesting tid bit about where they live.

You need to get out more
I actually don't watch TV

I guess this is why nobody ever tries to come to the U.S. especially over the southern border? If this is such a horrible country, then why the hell does half of the world want to become a US citizen?

I have run into this "it's cool to be ashamed of America" attitude from foreigners who amazingly enough, choose to live in America. We are not perfect as a nation, and I challenge anyone to say that any other country is perfect. We are and always have been an experiment in this world. We may try all the wrong ways to do something before eventually coming to the right solution, but we are a resilient people. Name one other country who has the equivilant of the bill of rights or the constitution to protect their citizen's rights. The second amendment is there to protect the first amendment. It was not to protect hunting rights or even for personal protection. The second amendment is there to protect against a tyranical government. The founding Fathers knew about abusive governments and put these measures in place so that hopefully we could keep our Republic.

Ask yourself this....What have you done to make America better? It's easy to complain, but harder to solve problems.

4WDBetterthan2feet

SILVER Star

Saw this in my neighbor's lawn. WTF is with these newbies re-inventing the chit my parents figured out was chit?? Beards are itchy, home-made beer is not better than store bought, raising kids in a rehabbed house in the ghetto is not better than in a house in the suburbs.
View attachment 2314416
It’s official, you’re an old man! “Stay off my lawn!” :flipoff2:

Last edited:

4WDBetterthan2feet

SILVER Star

I remember using my gardparents reel mower when I was but a young lad. I did our lawn in Seattle twice with a free one I got when we first moved in. It's ironic that both reel mowers and 2 gas mowers I got for free all worked better than the "fancy" self-propelled one I have now.
Reel mowers work well is sharpened often.

I think some folks on the thread have gone from micro(house next door) to macro(US-Canada). Vancouver, BC has almost all of the same problems we see in Seattle right now. Healthcare systems not withstanding, I would echo the sentiment of a few others in here by arguing there are pretty awesome people almost everywhere, with the occasional bad apples added as seasoning. The problem comes in if one is traveling and you happen to encounter a complete ass-hat on your one stop for gas or supplies or directions, and that sours your experience.
We had folks across the street (next house over from our usual suspects) start a karaoke party at about 5pm yesterday. I could hear the music and the questionable vocals way on the back line of our yard (working on fence). my consolation was that these folks haven't been loud but maybe one other time in 7 years and I know it bugged the hell out of the people right across from us.

TRAIL TAILOR

Enabler
Supporting Vendor

Covid has truly brought out the "WHITE TRASH" in all of our neighbors (entire community, IMO) to the point when we are able to get out and look for a new place to live we will do so.

Top Bottom