1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ih8delta

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by CruisinGA, Aug 12, 2005.

1. CruisinGA

CruisinGA

I posted about 2 hours ago as my plane was taxiing out onto the runway. I should be somewhere over the midwest right now, almost home.

Guess where I am. Yep, right where I was 2 hrs ago. :mad:

Only now the plane isn't moving.

Apparently the pilots didn't notice an illuminated idiot light until right when they hit the throttle as we were beginning takeoff.

I wonder where the idiot part of the name came from. :rolleyes:

Going to be a looong night on a full plane of unhappy people.
    :rolleyes:

At least I can sit here and surf 'mud while I wait. :bounce:

2. bh4rnnr

bh4rnnr

That sucks. Remember coming back from Florida a long time ago, they decide to turn the runways around for some reason.... 2hrs later we were finaly ready to take off.

3. CruisinGA

CruisinGA

Make that 3 hrs.

The temperature is rising on this plane...

Thanks Perry, hopefully we'll be getting out of here soon.

4. concretejungle

concretejungle SILVER Star

Man, don't be telling me this stuff! I'm flying delta to Atlanta connecting to Nashville, TN tomorrow.

5. Gumby

Gumby Supamod Staff Member s-Moderator

Last time that happened to me I had gotten upgraded to first class on my wifes miles. Didn't notice or care that we were sitting on the runway. Got flippin hammered.

6. CruisinGA

CruisinGA

Touching the 4 hour mark...

Living in Atlanta I've flown on more than my share of delta flights, and this isn't the first time something like this has happened...

Some reassurance-about an hour ago the skycap came on the PA and listed th next 10 flights out of seattle were ALL overbooked by at least 5 o 6 ppl.

Gumby- fawk you

Supposedly we're taxiing out to the runway now...

7. beno

beno 23424-23216 Moderator GOLD Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Bailey dude...start pounding brews!!!!

I'm flying DL from JFK-IST on 22 Aug 2005....that should be fun.

Good luck gettin back dude...find a hot chick and start flirting.... :cool:

8. NorCalDoug

NorCalDoug problems solved daily...

Unless Bailey has a six-pack hidden somewhere in his capris...I doubt the air waitress is going to be hooking him up with anything stronger than a ginger ale.

"Delta, they love to wait on the runway, and it shows."

Sorry to hear about your non-flying blues hombre. have a safe flight back...when ever they decided to get off the ground.

9. reffug

reffug

My pops was a pilot so growing up I almost alway rode in First Class. :grinpimp:

After 18 always got hammered too. :beer: :beer: :beer:

Only way to fly. :cool:

10. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

A third verse for your third hour ...

Delta sun beats down like a hammer
    Mmm it give the low down blues
    I've got a cotton gin
    A wee man spin
    To shake the dust from my shoes
    I've made my money
    I've found me a honey to tickle me under the chin
    When morning comes i'll ride into town
    And worry about the shape i'm in

TY

11. calamaridog

calamaridog

The wife got stuck on the runway for several hours on a Delta flight out of San Fran one time due to some stupid mechanical problem. They wouldn't let her off the plane despite the fact she had run out of insulin. By the time she made it to San Diego I had to take her to the hospital. No Delta since then.

12. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

WHAT?????????????????????????? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Fawk me! Thats insane man ..

TY

13. CruisinGA

CruisinGA

I'm back.... finally.

They let "one person from every party aboard" off for about 15 minutes to get some food. Which was a damn good thing cause a 4 hours flight with no meal turned into 8 hours on the plane.

About the brew- stewardesses have been offering me drinks for the last coupla years, but my parents happened to be sitting across the aisle. I didn't need a miserable flight to be worse. :doh:

Time to go drive the cruisers... :D

14. calamaridog

calamaridog

They refunded the cost of her airfare and her sisters airfare out to Jersey. They also paid some minor costs related to going to the ER. Her father (attorney) wrote them a demand letter and they decided aqainst getting sued. We really didn't need to deal with a lawsuit.

At first they wanted to give vouchers and we're like no way, never boarding another Delta flight again.

The worst thing for me. I'm waiting at the airport for like 5 hours. They tell us the flight would be there a little late even though it never left. At some point were like the flight left 3 hours ago and it's not here yet? WTF?

I called a Police friend who works at the SF airport. 5 minutes later he's calling me back and telling me they are still on the ground:rolleyes: The people who were waiting with me were all very pissed when I told them the flight was still on the ground:doh:

15. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

Squidog ;) ,

Did Delta at least have a medical personel on board? Or were they in touch with medical resources?

Twice last month I took patients directly off West Jet aircraft. In the last case the flight staff were in touch with a medical/legal resource via phone, and received direction on how to deal with the medical emergency.

Or was the Delta staff not privy to your wife's condition? If they were they deserve a severe ass kicking!!! Holy negligence ..

TY

16. calamaridog

calamaridog

My wife told them she had a limited supply of insulin left in her pump. They assured her they would leave soon, just hold on, yadda yadda yadda. Hours later, the plane was still sitting, there was fog and some other problems too so they didn't want to unload anyone.

Basically bullshit. Her blood sugar shot up too high but lucky no permanant damage.

So ya, they just ignored her problem, probably thought she was full of s***. All the other passengers were bitching and moaning too.

So ya, negligence, enough that they paid us immediately without a single hiccup. My father in law wanted to sue their asses but we didn't want to deal with it. If she had any sort of permanent injury it would have been a different story.

17. RavenTai

RavenTai

18. HawkDriver

HawkDriver

Media:
    Albums:
    I feel ya brother, my wife too of 24 years now. Just got the pump last year, wow what a lifesaver, she still has episodes :eek: . Oh I'd have been pissed with that BS too. It's like some peeps don't realize that it's a big deal. I've had some runins with serious tards during her episodes. Glad all is well. :beer:

19. calamaridog

calamaridog

The pump is the best thing (medically) that ever happened for my wife. Awesome blood sugar control with that thing.

:cheers:

She had awesome control during her pregnancy. Exceeded the Dr's best expectations.

And yes, I was very angry. I don't get angry often and when I do it is not pretty.

After I found out they had been lying about the plane leaving I chewed some serious ass. So did the other people waiting. The plane was so late they closed the terminal and made us wait at the end of the hallway.

20. informationjunky

informationjunky

Albums:
    How about your flight being cancelled the day before and no comp because it was "due to weather" (not their poor planning on aranging a plane). No offence Raven!