ignore, I think i found the thread i was looking for (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Help is appreciated, as this has me and my daughters stranded at a hotel out of town.

The red security light continues to flash when I insert the key and try to start the 100. The engine turns over fine, just doesn't fire.

I assumed the chip inside the key was fried, so I had my wife overnight me another key, same results...it turns over but will not fire, red security light continues to flash after the key is inserted.

We traveled about 4 hours on Sunday, ran through some heavy rain coming down the interstate. 100 did fine, got us to the hotel with no issues. About an hour later, I attempted to leave to pickup dinner, and the 100 would not start.

Ive got some tools with me including a digital multimeter. Any advice where to start?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I believe there are instructions in a thread somewhere on how to remove and re-add keys to the rig to work with (immobilizer) ECU. Most folks use Techstream, but I've seen instructions floating around that involve something like a pedal dance IIRC.

@Mauser is an expert, perhaps he has a minute to chime in?

Help is appreciated, as this has me and my daughters stranded at a hotel out of town.

The red security light continues to flash when I insert the key and try to start the 100. The engine turns over fine, just doesn't fire.

I assumed the chip inside the key was fried, so I had my wife overnight me another key, same results...it turns over but will not fire, red security light continues to flash after the key is inserted.

We traveled about 4 hours on Sunday, ran through some heavy rain coming down the interstate. 100 did fine, got us to the hotel with no issues. About an hour later, I attempted to leave to pickup dinner, and the 100 would not start.

Ive got some tools with me including a digital multimeter. Any advice where to start?

Thanks in advance.

Since you got into rain it really sounds like it is probably in your fuses in the footwell area. Is the carpet wet under the floor mat at all? If that isn't it the problem could be in the ecu, transponder antenna, or the transponder amp. I should have an ecu for your truck if it is the 98 in your signature.

You anywhere near central NM?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom