Ignition wiring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m trying to upgrade from a tractor ignition to a later model 1971 ignition. On my original studded post ignition I have three wires. Battery, ignition and ground.
My question is can you tell me which of these on my new ignition ( picture) is the battery and ground please? Thank you for your help.

3340DFE5-B327-486F-85B6-E6C63B3CB6E2.jpeg

I’m trying to upgrade from a tractor ignition to a later model 1971 ignition. On my original studded post ignition I have three wires. Battery, ignition and ground.
My question is can you tell me which of these on my new ignition ( picture) is the battery and ground please? Thank you for your help.

View attachment 2501443

1605908083655.png

1605908138366.png

1605908203542.png

Please do not hook up a ground to your ignition switch. You will most likely melt your wiring harness and possibly burn your vehicle to the ground. Do you not have a wiring diagram? The AM terminal is connected to the ammeter circuit using the BR (WL on Toyota Matts Picture) wire. The ST terminal goes to the starter solenoid using the BW wire. The IGN terminal goes to the coil using the BY wire. On the 71 the ACC terminal is not connected and there is no provision for it in the fuse panel. You could add it if desired and that would be the LR wired shown on @ToyotaMatt picture.

Thank you guys for the help. I was assuming the original wires had a ground and looks like I made an a$$ out of me. I did not add a ground and the diagrams and pictures all helped a lot . I was able to complete the new ignition with no melting or fires so far. Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom