Ignition Switch Restoration to the steering column. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 1981, BJ42 ignition switch has been moved to the dash, by a previous owner, using a non-OEM switch. I would like to move it back to the steering column. The steering lock on the steering column has been cut out. I have a new OEM key switch cylinder and a new cable to plug into the wiring. After looking at it there seems to be a missing part, that connects the key switch and the wiring plug, which connects to the back side of the bracket. The missing part turns the wiring selector when the key is turned. Is restoration a good idea? If I can get it to work I would have one key for everything again - which is the goal. Is there a better idea?

My 1981, BJ42 ignition switch has been moved to the dash, by a previous owner, using a non-OEM switch. I would like to move it back to the steering column. The steering lock on the steering column has been cut out. I have a new OEM key switch cylinder and a new cable to plug into the wiring. After looking at it there seems to be a missing part, that connects the key switch and the wiring plug, which connects to the back side of the bracket. The missing part turns the wiring selector when the key is turned. Is restoration a good idea? If I can get it to work I would have one key for everything again - which is the goal. Is there a better idea?
I have this same issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom