Ignition stuck in ACC position (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry I don't have time today to go take a dash off, and look at one. FSM picture are sometime wrong. But both 2000 PDF and 2003 TIS pictures in FSM have it on bottom. Also show ACC at dead top (12 o'clock). In your picture you're at 10 o'clock for AAC (key position) and top for pin.

What does that sticker on the side of your ignition cylinder say? Is it an aftermarket part or OEM Mr. T?

Finally got the cylinder out and dropped it off at a locksmith. He sounds like he can rebuild it. Should go back together on about 10 min.

Decided to make my own post because I can’t find the exact problem with a clear solution.

2003 LX 470 Stuck Ignition In acc position

In park. Wheels not locked. Key can be removed. Tried both keys. Tried graphite lubricant and tapped the key lightly with a rubber hammer. That made it worse. Key wouldn’t come out without force.

There are several threads with broken rods causing the ignition to spin but not engage. There are also a few with the lock cylinder being bad and needing a locksmith. And I found one that mentioned a switch assembly.

The part number for the bracket assembly is 45280-60610. Does that include the lock cylinder and switch assembly?

Do I need to take it all apart either way? It’s in my driveway but I was planning on taking it out of town tomorrow.

thanks
sometimes I just really hate cars but it's not the car's fault. Can you imagine being in Germany and you don't have to use a car to get around because there public transportation is so outstanding

sometimes I just really hate cars but it's not the car's fault. Can you imagine being in Germany and you don't have to use a car to get around because there public transportation is so outstanding
I like driving

I like driving
Understand but at the same time we need to cut our CO2 footprint. Many parts of the world are suffering from climate change. I got a friend the list way up in Port Rupert British Columbia 600 miles north of Vancouver and she's complaining that every single day of this entire summer the city has experienced a substantial amount of rainfall. I told her the reason why is because the South Pacific is becoming severely overheated and the last decade. For every one degree atmospheric Heating increases the moisture content or absorption rate I Believe by 13%. The entire West Coast from Washington State probably up to Alaska escena substantial increase in rainfall over the past decade. I told her your city needs to build a small dam and then pipe the water into railroad cars and then send it to the southern end of British Columbia to be used to fight the forest fires.

Understand but at the same time we need to cut our CO2 footprint. Many parts of the world are suffering from climate change. I got a friend the list way up in Port Rupert British Columbia 600 miles north of Vancouver and she's complaining that every single day of this entire summer the city has experienced a substantial amount of rainfall. I told her the reason why is because the South Pacific is becoming severely overheated and the last decade. For every one degree atmospheric Heating increases the moisture content or absorption rate I Believe by 13%. The entire West Coast from Washington State probably up to Alaska escena substantial increase in rainfall over the past decade. I told her your city needs to build a small dam and then pipe the water into railroad cars and then send it to the southern end of British Columbia to be used to fight the forest fires.
Go post that on your Facebook page. F* off with your political BS

I think the cylinder had a hard time coming out because it wasn't perfectly lined up with the ACC position. I felt the rod and it rotated slightly then clicked. Does this look like the ACC position?
62B59895-B9D7-42D0-B252-551ADBC4A15A.jpeg

Back on the road! Locksmith rebuilt the cylinder and it feels smoother than before.

$50 and 10 min to put it back together. Thanks for all the help. Love this forum! Most of the time:beer:

Finally got the cylinder out and dropped it off at a locksmith. He sounds like he can rebuild it. Should go back together on about 10 min.
How did you get it out? Pin on bottom or top?

How did you get it out? Pin on bottom or top?
The pin is on top. I was able to push it in but the cylinder was jammed in there right. I think the key position wasn't exactly in the ACC position but very close. I was able to wedge 2 small, flathead screwdrivers on either side between the casing and the cylinder while I wiggled it out.
Thanks for the help

The pin is on top. I was able to push it in but the cylinder was jammed in there right. I think the key position wasn't exactly in the ACC position but very close. I was able to wedge 2 small, flathead screwdrivers on either side between the casing and the cylinder while I wiggled it out.
Thanks for the help
NP.

Tips: Always be gentle when turning the IG key.
Never force it. Notice it states PUSH, do so!
Never have weights on key chain. Like a dozen key, bottle opener, bells, whistle, knifes, tools, pictures of kids. I seen everything but kitchen sink, hanging from the IG. The cylinder on the LX is so pricy, take care of.
Land Cruiser cylinder is only a tenth the price, but still who needs the headache.

Oh boy. Go get some help....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom