Ignition problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I NEED HELP!!! Ha. Hey everyone. I am in desperate need of some ignition help. My 83 fj60 with a full desmog stopped giving me spark. I have a dui hei distributor pretty much new with about a thousand miles our less on it. I have tested every component I could think of. Even went as far as putting the original distributor with coil back in and still nothing. My poor girl won't give me an inch. If anyone had any thoughts or suggestions or wants to come over and figure this out with me I would be super grateful. Thanks guys

Does she try to crank? You say you are not getting any spark, how have you confirmed this?
You are getting fuel to the carb correct?

Cranks over just fine. Fuel getting delivered. I have a new Weber 3838. Ran great for a while about 900 miles. I put almost 6k into it so far. Heads and valves all done. Had my roommate crank while holding spark plug against block. No spark. So confused

Well if the HEI won't spark, and the OEM gear won't spark... there's no power upstream. Check the fusible link and connections very carefully and fuses of course.

Well if the HEI won't spark, and the OEM gear won't spark... there's no power upstream. Check the fusible link and connections very carefully and fuses of course.
This...

Tested my positive and negative weird from my cruiser to distributor. With key on the wires are hot. Still no spark

Ok so the next item to cancel out is the igniter wire going from the igniter to the dizzy. Test this to ensure that there is nothing wrong, and when was the last time you change out all the plug wires?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom