Ignition problem ! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.burnmachinefilms.com
Hey all- This has happened twice now. If anybody has any idea what's going on. Please add your 2 cents.
Went out and started my 60 yesterday (was up north in the lakes region just south of East Jesus) just after two days of heavy rain, backed out of the driveway and it stalled and wouldn't start for over 4 hrs! This has never happened in the 8 years I have owned this rig! I tried starter fluid but Im pretty sure there was no spark-I tried just about everything after that from taking the distro cap off to hair spray to ect..ect. could it be the coil?
thanks
JK-

Sounds like the dizzy cap is cracked.

Did you:
remove the ignitor wire and see if there was a spark?
check voltage from the harness to the coil
check the distributor cap and rotor

Sounds like you have a spark problem, but the coil sounds ok. Could be a loose wire to the ignition, but too hard to tell at this point.

If it happens again, first check to see if you have spark as previously stated. Second, pull the cap and see it's wet. If it is, spray around the inside of the distributor with WD40 to displace the water. I agree on the cracked cap.

Joey, what part of Boston are you in? I work in Waltham and could swing by one night this week with some tools if you'd like some help.

Send me a PM if you need some help. Im not free tomorrow, but possibly Thurs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom