Ignition Lock Repair Parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Longshot but anyone happen to have extra tumbler parts to rebuild an ignition lock?

My ignition is hit and miss to be able to get it to turn (key goes in, then wont turn). Spraying it with lock lube (doesn't gum WD-40 basically) gets it to work for a start or two. Only place I'm finding the parts are UHS but slow delivery and I don't want to pay crazy shipping.

Let me know. Happy to buy the pieces I need.

Longshot but anyone happen to have extra tumbler parts to rebuild an ignition lock?

My ignition is hit and miss to be able to get it to turn (key goes in, then wont turn). Spraying it with lock lube (doesn't gum WD-40 basically) gets it to work for a start or two. Only place I'm finding the parts are UHS but slow delivery and I don't want to pay crazy shipping.

Let me know. Happy to buy the pieces I need.
Hey, before you do that, I want you to try a little trick on your shifter knob sometimes that doesn’t recognize that it’s in part because that rod doesn’t come all the way up. So I want you to loosen the screws on the backside of that knob where it’s loose, then shift it back in the park and then try it. I want you to have play in the knob, going up and down on the shifter because that rod Hass to go all the way up in that signal so that’s a Park which I will release is the key.

Hey, before you do that, I want you to try a little trick on your shifter knob sometimes that doesn’t recognize that it’s in part because that rod doesn’t come all the way up. So I want you to loosen the screws on the backside of that knob where it’s loose, then shift it back in the park and then try it. I want you to have play in the knob, going up and down on the shifter because that rod Hass to go all the way up in that signal so that’s a Park which I will release is the key.
·in park

@ptrsn Not sure where you're referencing. This is my shift knob. No screws. I assume if I want to unscrew the top it's just the whole section that turns
IMG_6970.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom