Ignition key function problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I pulled in the driveway yesterday put it in park and try to turn the key to off and it got stuck in the “ACC” position. I had no idea what to do so I pulled the negative terminal off the battery so it wouldn’t drain it. I then could miraculously turn the key to off and pull it out. I tried my other key hoping that was the issue and no luck. Am I looking at replacing the ignition assembly in the dash? If so, how the hell am I going to match a key to it and how hard of a job is that? Hell, I can’t even crank it to get it to my Toyota dealership. Any help would be much appreciated.

I pulled in the driveway yesterday put it in park and try to turn the key to off and it got stuck in the “ACC” position. I had no idea what to do so I pulled the negative terminal off the battery so it wouldn’t drain it. I then could miraculously turn the key to off and pull it out. I tried my other key hoping that was the issue and no luck. Am I looking at replacing the ignition assembly in the dash? If so, how the hell am I going to match a key to it and how hard of a job is that? Hell, I can’t even crank it to get it to my Toyota dealership. Any help would be much appreciated.

This issue maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom