ignition key cylinder install

Having an issue getting my key ignition cylinder installed to the column.

I should be the correct year but I just can't get it to go the last 20% into the column.

I do appear to have it lined up correctly with the inserted key rotated to align the "receiving notch" and the pin depressed.

Before using brute force or risk doing something wrong I just wanted to see if there might be a trick or if there might be an issue with my model year matching the cylinder.

Any advise or thoughts?

IMG_2963.jpeg
IMG_2966.jpeg
IMG_2964.jpeg

ToyotaMatt

Factory Focus-Point Mind-Set Approach
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Website
vintageteqparts.com
Having an issue getting my key ignition cylinder installed to the column.

I should be the correct year but I just can't get it to go the last 20% into the column.

I do appear to have it lined up correctly with the inserted key rotated to align the "receiving notch" and the pin depressed.

Before using brute force or risk doing something wrong I just wanted to see if there might be a trick or if there might be an issue with my model year matching the cylinder.

Any advise or thoughts?

View attachment 2855930View attachment 2855931View attachment 2855932

- Is this a LOCKING or NON Locking Column ?

- DO u have the KEY in the ACC Position or the OFF Position or Another Position ?

- Is this a BJ4# with a GLOW Feature Step by chance , DIESEL ?

8CB14712-072C-42BD-A496-586B2448A53A - Copy.jpeg

- Copy1.jpg

ignbition locking column - Copy.jpg

THIS IS A LOCKING TYPE COLUMN BELOW : , see the small Black Pust Button atop the column Cover there.......

IgnSwitch2.jpg

Last edited:

ToyotaMatt

Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Website
vintageteqparts.com
PLEASE DO NOT USE Brute Force , this is NOT required in any way shape or form , otherwise this will happen ........

NO NO ! :confused:

1638705845984.png

Thanks Matt.

Non-locking and it is in the ACC position. Standard US 1974 fj40 but mine never had locking (atleast since I purchased in the late 80s)

Based on your pictures I wonder if that is related.

Could it still work with a locking cylinder?

The rubber push pad for the locking button does seem to be what makes it tight. Could that rubber insert be removed?

ToyotaMatt

Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Website
vintageteqparts.com
Thanks Matt.

Non-locking and it is in the ACC position. Standard US 1974 fj40 but mine never had locking (atleast since I purchased in the late 80s)

Based on your pictures I wonder if that is related.

Could it still work with a locking cylinder?

The rubber push pad for the locking button does seem to be what makes it tight. Could that rubber insert be removed?

are you available for as brief , but important LIVE TECH call like right now via my SHOP HOT LINE ?

i can explain a heck of alot better in under 60 seconds to u in person then text typing too much like way way too munch TECH here ?

PM sent ,

LETS get Your SHOW PONY on the Road now , today Jack Flash Fast ...........

i know exactly the issue and the quickie tech u need to apply here

incoming PM

stand by .................

1638715066184.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom