Ignition Coils for $23 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It says “ships from Ontario California,” but the seller is located in Hong Kong. The feedback is 99.6% positive, but it does seem too good to be true. I would order 8 at that price if I could be confident that it was genuine. Tbullet, would you update on the quality when they arrive?

hong kong ebay prices for oem stuff is usually cheaper, too bad it sold out already. Hope they post some more.

It says “ships from Ontario California,” but the seller is located in Hong Kong. The feedback is 99.6% positive, but it does seem too good to be true. I would order 8 at that price if I could be confident that it was genuine. Tbullet, would you update on the quality when they arrive?

I ordered one to see what arrives. Will update when it does.

Another one from CA. Even cheaper Link

Another one from CA. Even cheaper Link

Just purchased 8, will report back. For the price of 2 from Camelback and just over 1 from the dealer I thought it'd be worth a try. Picture displays Toyota OEM so we will see

My main concern would be a really good knockoff that says Toyota and Denso and looks 100% legit, but is still a cheap knockoff.

Completely agree. Will just hold these as spares for now

Fake Denso coils, all over Ebay and Amazon.

There is a whole thread about counterfeit coil packs: Need help identifying genuine Denso 90919-02230 coil packs from fakes
Hard to tell the difference but there are ways. Mostly looking at mold flash/joints/webbing, material of molded-in metal bushing, grinding/finishing of the bushing surfaces, mis/double-molded digits in the part number, etc.

The pics are likely different than what you’ll receive. They have no shame in deceiving you.

But the biggest tell is the price. Real OEM are almost never less than ~$60/ea. Looks like Jegs has a good price right now: Denso 673-1303: Ignition Coil 1998-08 Lexus, Toyota | JEGS

Last edited:
I don't understand why people aren't yet suspicious of the $170 "Aisin" timing belt kits. The fine print reads like a confession written by a lawyer.

I don't understand why people aren't yet suspicious of the $170 "Aisin" timing belt kits. The fine print reads like a confession written by a lawyer.
Rpm parts is Costa Mesa sells the asin kits that are legit for really good prices. The specialize in Asian parts.

So, the coil came in today and here is what i received. The box and label look legit for what it's worth. For comparison, i'm including the original 20 year old coil i replaced last week. The one on the right is original and the left is what came from the eBay seller. Say what you will, but the shipping was great. Ordered Friday afternoon and it was here Monday morning.

IMG_5784.jpg
IMG_5785.jpg
IMG_5786.jpg
IMG_5784.jpg
IMG_5785.jpg
IMG_5786.jpg

Fake. Different font, thickness of lettering and depth of lettering on the coil. Having been in the electronics industry for 36 years, i am constantly fighting counterfeits from China. I spent over $15,000 in my business last year at testing facilities combating this problem.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom