IFS Power Steering on a Pig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Drove my pig for the first time. The one thing I noticed REAL QUICK was the fact that it takes BOTH hands to keep er in the road :eek: .

I have come across a complete IFS power steering system (from pump to tie rod ends). I have tried doing a search for more information but to no avail. :confused:

What articles, info, advise is out there before I tear into my PIG.

Chuck

Search back here in the pig forum and I asked about power steering. Its probably a couple pages back now, there are 2 links in it to 2 different write ups on power steering. They should be of some help to you.

I think the IFS box has the pitman arm facing backwards, which if used would either be on the front frame horn(ugly) or used with a front facing pitman arm (and located where the scout/FJ60 boxes go)would make the truck turn the wrong direction(bad)

If you decide to go with a Scout setup, let me know. I have a scout box with new seals. You will be shocked if you try and buy a rebuilt one from an autoparts store.

I don't know much about IFS boxes, but I have not heard of any going on a pig.

i mocked up and was this close to doing a IFS box on my pig, would have worked fine. the box would have been opposite the idler? arm up in the fron of the wheelwell. if you look at an IFS truck or runner its pretty much in the same spot as would have been on the 55... i had a modified arm that took a FJ80 TRE ready to go.

i ended up going with a 60 series box, pretty much the same as scout but all toyota and easier to do (IMOP).

Can't tell from the pic, are you using the 60 pitman arm?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom