If you were to buy another 100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
with low mileage, what would you do different to avoid aging your ride? For me it would be:

1)- Maintain/condition the leather on regular basis (what conditioner is good for the future ride?)
2)- Spray the under carriage routinely especially after the snow drive (very seldom have snow here in KY but would that prevent or slow the rusting process for those that drive the rig in snow?)
3)- pay attention to the axles/CV boots and bearings more closely
4)- How to avoid the upper hatch rust?
5)- Condition the roof rails as well or the paint will start peeling
6)- Put a TB sticker in the engine bay so you keep track of the time/mileage?

Anything else?

Do all recommended factory PM on time and by the book.
Flush all fluids more often than recommended.
Protect against or De-rust third cross member, front and rear bumper supports, lower windshield molding area, under thresholds.
Take care of rock chips as they happen.
Be involved with every step of windshield replacement. No more going for coffee!
Don't let shops (tire shops the worst offenders) place lifts legs under #2 under shield or rear control arm brackets.
Wash and wax with micro fiber only.

For your upper hatch?: In rust belt have interiors of panels sprayed with wax or some rust inhibitor/sealer. In non rust belt areas make sure there are no leaks, i.e third brake light or spoiler and keep all window seal in top condition.

For the hatch, get something like BoeShield and spray into the vent holes and basically everywhere. the stuff is safe and will dryinto a waxy film. I use it to protect my cast iron parts and inside my steel bike frames.

Best way to avoid rust... live in AZ :)

Marine grease items that are replaced or moved during maintenance like 2001LC

If ??

Somedays I say I would not have bought black, but then I wash it and she looks goooooood (from 20 ft or more) :rofl:

Somedays I say I would not have bought black, but then I wash it and she looks goooooood (from 20 ft or more) :rofl:

I only buy white vehicles, or if they're not white, they will be white :)

Black looks sooo good when they're shiny, but when they're dirty, it's a beeyach to clean.

If i were to buy another 100, i'd get an 06-07 with a clean interior, the last interior job i had to do made me bitter.

I love dogs and kids but i'd never buy another hundy owned by soccer moms with dogs again, the little hairs get everywhere.

Yep, mine photos great and looks good wet. When you get up close in normal conditions it's showing its age, especially the hood. The upside is I won't feel bad about taking it offroad.

Yep, mine photos great and looks good wet. When you get up close in normal conditions it's showing its age, especially the hood. The upside is I won't feel bad about taking it offroad.

Yah mine too. It still looks good from 20+ feet away. I Clay bar and wax mine every 6 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom