If you need Metric tools TODAY IS THE LAST DAY - (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

One of the problems I have seen more than once with "budget" lines of sockets etc is the poor quality control on sizing. As in the opening of the wrench is too large or the diameter of the socket is too big and nuts get rounded etc. I'd be curious what you guys think about the Huskies in that respect.

I've used mine a couple of times now. So far so good. Seem nice and tight and good quality, at least for the common JIS metric sizes I used. Lifetime warranty with no receipt, no-questions needed for replacement, like the old Sears Craftsman...

There was a pic in another forum where someone bought a 'Silver Eagle' set (Matco's budget line) and they had been over-stamped with 'Husky', so you know there was a F-up on the mfg line and obviously made in the same Taiwanese factory. Someone also posted same place where Tekton are made but no confirmation of that.

I have Husky as my main shop set and now this kit for my truck. I’ve restored a 40 and now my 62 plus countless wrenching on my Kubotas and John Deere’s, dirt bikes, 4 wheelers and Ranger. Never ever rounded a nut or bolt.
I haven’t been impressed with my Husky tool box which is 21yrs old and the drawers are now sticking.

I just saw that the price is $149 regular -as in not on sale-. So I guess the $199 in the ad up top was a tad misleading, eh, Home Depot?
But notwithstanding that, if the quality is good, that's a good deal at $99.
Anybody knows how they compare to the HF sets qualitywise? As in sizing, machining, etc?
Home Depot did just lower their everyday price on some of these Husky sets recently, and I think the $199 is probably the old normal price and the $149 the new normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom