eBay If You Have 39K+ (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

very nice.....

THIS IS A 1991 and up model so be very carefull since they list it as a 1987.Also these are the 2LT's that made this motor get the bad reputation,the older ones where more reliable.

Not sure how they got away with the 1987 registration unless they used an older chassis and swapped everything over?

Joe

I would say it's a nice $3,950 cruiser, he must have made a mistake and added an extra zero when entering the BIN price.

I would say it's a nice $3,950 cruiser, he must have made a mistake and added an extra zero when entering the BIN price.

I agree w/ Colby...$40k is crack monkey money for that rig. Very clean looking for sure...but I can't see anyone paying that kinda dough for it. Maybe $20k tops...but I guess we'll see!

From seller:
Let me address here the biggest problem with the LJ70—the 2.4L diesel engine’s head failure issue. There has been a lot written about this. One of the reasons that I bought this particular truck in the first place was that it had the new replacement head (from Spain) upgrade already done. It is likely that the Italian owner had experienced the commonplace head crack at some point and bought the new Spanish head that is a superior design. But I decided I would take this one step further and asked my friend and talented racing mechanic (Joe Sim at Joe’s Turbo Lab in Orem, Utah) to remove the head, take it to his favorite machine shop and check it out completely. They put it on their new milling machine to see if the surface was completely flat and square. They reported that only a small amount of material was removed to make it perfect. But when Joe and his talented team reassembled the engine they did two other things. First they used new ARP head bolts and second they installed a very expensive (sourced from Australia) MLS or multi-layer steel head gasket. These are very trick items. It cost a bundle but problem solved.

Is there really something special about that head gasket? It's laminated steel? And what's special about the bolts, doesn't everyone use new head bolts?

I don't know, there's a few fine Australian beers I'm fond of, but it would be Mr.T all the way for those parts. He must not know about the parts Turk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom