If my 64 FJ45LV actually a BJ????? Hood HINGES (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mikesta

Never decruiserfied
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.showmerents.com
It is according to these hood hinges.

ya know if your read Japaneese... would you know what a number / letter actually is?

BJ parts on a FJ.

It Reads BJ 5225 on the top of the hinge.
MVC-136F.jpg
MVC-139F.jpg
MVC-140F.jpg

Well, the hood hinge numbers don't really mean much as far as the model of the vehicle they're on. Here's the hinges on my FJ25L.

My LV also has some parts with FJ25L on them. I'm pretty sure Toyota used up what they has laying around.

Last edited:
both my 45LV's had the same hinges, my 65 fj40 also, my 66 fj45LPV does not.

glass on early 40's said BJ or Fj25 I think

exhaust manifold says fj25 right?

I thought maybe that was the actual part number........but in the old "system" BJ25 52251 is the rubber windshield bumper block. :rolleyes:

i too have seen a lot of stuff on early cruisers marked with bj....sorry to disappoint.

My hinges say BJ on my 64 and my manifold says FJ25.. So it's normal, your gonna make it! Breathe!
Now is it normal that all of us still have all the old junk? Prolly not! It's an illness I tell you.. An illness!

oh............BTW there was no such thing as a BJ4X untill what 1975? a BJ45LV did not exist......

you might be correct, that is what I would assume also.......but having never been a BJ25 hinge.....I would kinda guess they are a different design.

Living in the Past said:
I think the part number might go back to the original cruiser the "BJ".

John

Looking at Marv's BJ pickup the hinges look nothing like the one's on the 25s and early 40s. But since the BJ4X were fifteen years after the 25 were history I think the BJ has more to do with the original BJ than the BJ4X.

John

I still think that this is one of the reasons we no longer get to DRINK on the job.

FJ25 Manifold

here is the pics of the manifold... yep fj25... wow... my truck is ped-i-gree!
MVC-144F.jpg

Mikesta said:
here is the pics of the manifold... yep fj25... wow... my truck is ped-i-gree!

I think the FJ25 exhaust manifolds look so streamline, they look like they would flow nicely. Cool artifacts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom