If i buy OME heavy duty, can i...

...take leaves out to make medium..?

Due to the whole ARB sided springs/cruiser lean issue I am going to replace my nearly-new medium springs which i am not too happy about, but i cannot deal with the lean any more. It is making the rig handle like a dog.

However, in the future i can see me needing to add more spring leaves (due to the mods planned). I was going to buy extra leaves for my original medium springs but i was wondering if i am going to change them, can i buy the heavy duty springs now and just remove leaves to make medium in the short-term? The reverse, if you will...

Thanks ~PHIL

...take leaves out to make medium..?

Due to the whole ARB sided springs/cruiser lean issue I am going to replace my nearly-new medium springs which i am not too happy about, but i cannot deal with the lean any more. It is making the rig handle like a dog.

However, in the future i can see me needing to add more spring leaves (due to the mods planned). I was going to buy extra leaves for my original medium springs but i was wondering if i am going to change them, can i buy the heavy duty springs now and just remove leaves to make medium in the short-term? The reverse, if you will...

Thanks ~PHIL

Hey Phil,

I'm confused. You're replacing your OME mediums with different OME's? Have you tried swapping left and right rear to combat the lean?

Yes to the question - remove a leaf from the heavies to make them medium.

Thanks guys... Hoped it would be like that.

Last year I replaced my old set up with a full OME set up on mediums - they fitted me an A&B spring on the rear and i have a lean to the B side. Never had one before the spring change. I'm p'd off with it as i can feel the way it is affecting the handling on the trails and on road. So I want to change the rears for two A springs. I'm sure this will counter the lean - as i said i did not have one before the swap and my old springs are identical to each other.

If the change to OME had gone right from the start (i.e. no lean) i would have just fitted a few extra leaves to the mediums when i needed more load capacity next year. I'm not prepared to do that with these springs, i want rid of the lean first; so i figured if i could buy the heavies in two A springs now, but degrade them for medium in the short term, i'd have my solution.

Make sense..? :doh:;);p:)

~PHIL

Mace

rock scientist..
Staff member
s-Moderator
that is exactly what I am doing with my front OME heavies..

Pull the third leaf from the bottom..

however, I would see if you can get the med's replaced with another set if they lean horribly..

You also can buy that third leaf for ~$40 IIRC to make your Med's into heavies..

I had the same problem. Have you tried trading sides? Move the A to where the B is and vice versa. ARB told me that it has something to do with the steering column and a bunch of s**t that made no sense to me but when I did it I lost my lean.

FJ60Cam

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Website
www.mosleymotors.com
When I had lean problems that couldn't be switched by swapping sides, ARB sent me an extra "A" spring pack, no charge.

I had to jump through a few hoops to convince them, but everything's perfect now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom