Idyls perfect in the summer but needs choke pulled out half way in the winter to run. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I put in a new carb last year that I got on EBay. Almost all of them on EBay are under $100. I looked for vacuum leaks. Timing and points perfect. It just won't run in the winter without the choke out to get the RPM way up. I only use the old girl for plowing my difficult driveway and that is not fun at all.

What carb is it ? any pics ? what was the problem that led to carb replacement ? what is the fuel delivery set up ? stock ? did you rebuild the e-bay carb prior to install ?

What carb is it ? any pics ? what was the problem that led to carb replacement ? what is the fuel delivery set up ? stock ? did you rebuild the e-bay carb prior to install ?
A new generic carb on EBay, check it out, they all seem the same. The old carb had problems I can't remember but it always lost the fuel in the bowl. I also put in an electric fuel pump last year. Why would I rebuild a new carb? I forgot to mention that I always need to spray starting fluid into the carb no matter what time of year it is. Had to do the same on the old carb. Engine rebuilt many years ago but few miles on it. Thank You for your interest.

A new generic carb on EBay, check it out, they all seem the same. The old carb had problems I can't remember but it always lost the fuel in the bowl. I also put in an electric fuel pump last year. Why would I rebuild a new carb? I forgot to mention that I always need to spray starting fluid into the carb no matter what time of year it is. Had to do the same on the old carb. Engine rebuilt many years ago but few miles on it. Thank You for your interest.
Now I could be off base here, but I had a very similar problem but it was the distributor, not the carb. Once I replaced the distributor, she started up immediately, no spray. Then I had the timing off, so I had to have the choke halfway out until she was warm. Dialed in the timing, now choke is only out for start. When I had my vacuum wrong, I also caused a bit of a stutter that required the choke out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom