Idler & Tensioner Pulley Bearings, Drive belt (AKA Serpentine or fan belt) (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

6203 with either cover is OK
word of caution: I tried to press out the old bearing without placing a proper support right around the bearing to support the pressure, and ended up bending the idler bearing pulley. Don't just rest the pully on its brim on the press while pressing. This is what I did and bended the pulley!
What do you mean? In the past when I have done this I have used a piece of 2x6 wood underneath to press in/out bearings. Are you saying not to do that or do suspend the pulley between two pieces of wood.

Anybody found the appropriate bearing for the idler pulley yet??? Seems crazy that a suitable replacement doesn't exist.

I went to my Napa shop today. No luck. He looked through tons of catalogs and computers and found nothing. I just ordered the whole pulley.
Yeah reading a couple of those other threads it seems to be a proprietary double row bearing that has a bushing as well. Hence why no one can find it. DIdn't do a whole lot of reading to see if anyone found a suitable replacement though. If you google the part number you will see if is used across a lot of Toyota/Lexus V8s so common in the Tundras, v8 4Runners, etc.

Yeah reading a couple of those other threads it seems to be a proprietary double row bearing that has a bushing as well. Hence why no one can find it. DIdn't do a whole lot of reading to see if anyone found a suitable replacement though. If you google the part number you will see if is used across a lot of Toyota/Lexus V8s so common in the Tundras, v8 4Runners, etc.

It is not a double row bearing, at least not in my 2UZ non VVTi engines.

It is not a double row bearing, at least not in my 2UZ non VVTi engines.

I still have the pulley I replaced so I will see if I can get some time and pop the bearing(s) out to see what exactly is going on in there.

I'm just interested in the pulleys as my tensioner looks quite good. I'd been getting a power steering-ish growl. Checked the idler and tensioner pulleys, they spun free like crazy and had a slight wobble. Seems pricey to get the tensioner pulley alone...

Picked up the grooved idler from eBay for $53.53 includng tax and shipping from Dubai.

Picked up the grooved idler from eBay for $53.53 includng tax and shipping from Dubai.
Which is likely PARTSOUQ. They are legit and good.

Just installed the new idler pulley. Looks and feels sweet. Came wrapped inside a Toyota/Lexus box from Midland Auto Parts, Dubai.

Pulled the tensioner pulley and the bearing in it is an NTN 6203LH (left hand?). Pretty greasy/crusty/ on the inside surface/really free spinny, so a new one there as well. Tensioner itself is well within spec, so I'm just getting a new NTN, knocking out old and tapping in new in the sheave. I'll double check in the morning when I can see better, but the pulleys on the drives seem A-OK.

The truck has 275K and I seriously think these are the original pulleys, so OEM is pretty stout in my view. Pretty easy job to do.

I love what you do for me Toyota...

This is the Amazon product, bearing has same PN as factory

868D3A54-4C2F-4A32-A029-5748FB6EF20A.jpeg

8B91E780-AF57-414C-88E3-72C9942A8DC0.jpeg

45F5E988-670F-4F87-AB5A-0A1730446B1D.jpeg

i replaced all my pulleys 6 months ago but the febest tensioner pulley failed so ifiited a complete tensioner. i thought replacing the full pulley would be better,maybe not in hind sight

i replaced all my pulleys 6 months ago but the febest tensioner pulley failed so ifiited a complete tensioner. i thought replacing the full pulley would be better,maybe not in hind sight
Did you install 6203 febeat bearing into the tensioner pulley, or installed a complete febest pulley? 2 days ago my aftermarket tensioner pulley failed (not completely, but made a noise) after about 18K miles. I then installed a NACHI 6203 bearing into the tensioner pulley.
The idler was Hayden and failed out of the box! Then I got an oem idler from partsouq.com

Did you install 6203 febeat bearing into the tensioner pulley, or installed a complete febest pulley? 2 days ago my aftermarket tensioner pulley failed (not completely, but made a noise) after about 18K miles. I then installed a NACHI 6203 bearing into the tensioner pulley.
The idler was Hayden and failed out of the box! Then I got an oem idler from partsouq.com
Full pulley which included pulley bearing

Just replaced another Idler Pulley on a 2002 Sequoia. Customer complained of a "squeaking" noise.

Also replaced the entire tensioner assembly and fan bracket (was doing a timing belt on it).

I've been searching for an idler pulley bearing replacement for months but had to buy the $40 replacement from partsouq instead.

@2001LC any luck sourcing a replacement? News from the grapevine?

Found on Tundra forum: NSK BD20 - 15T12DD at $38 in 2017

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom