idle problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
after putting on headers and a heat fluid transfer plate i went to start up my 40 and it would not idle and had slow throtle responce time. what would cause this, it worked a few weeks ago but when i took it apart to put on the fluid transfer plate and then put it back together it started haveing problems.

It may have something to do with your choke or fuel mixture being to rich or lean. I know the fluid heat riser is supposd to take place of the original when installing headers but there may still have to be some carb adjustments needed.

This may be a dumb answer, but did you check to see if the intake is cracked just below the carb? I was trying to find a vacuum leak that was causing rough idle until warm. Turned out the bottom of the intake was cracked and would act as a leak until the manifold was warm enough that the crack closed (my guess). If yours is cracked, you could be letting a small amount of coolant into the intake. Just a thought.

Brandon

You might want to check and see if your idle fuel cutoff is working properly. Maybe you didn't reconnect it after the manny swap? Will it run off idle? What is the temperature? Like outside? :)
Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom