Idle Mixture Screw Bent. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FirstFJ60

SGT. Lincoln Osiris
Threads
Im having issues with bowl not getting fuel, after my 1st carb rebuilt...thus Im taking it apart again. I ordered a Keyster kit but I noticed my Idle Mixture Screw is bent... the new one is to the left. Would this have any affect on my fuel flow or any affects at all? Also, is this original to an 84 FJ60 carb. I hope my spring is correct...which measures about 1/2 of an inch. Thanks
20210126_163042.jpg

You’ve diagnosed that fuel is being pumped thru the pump? Pulled the outlet hose of the pump and into a jar and cranked the starter? Fuel pumps out?

You’ve diagnosed that fuel is being pumped thru the pump? Pulled the outlet hose of the pump and into a jar and cranked the starter? Fuel pumps out?
Yes....fuel is being pumped thru the pump and fuel.comes out. Ive rebuilt it with carb kit , chem dipped and follwed Pinheads YT video. When i replace it, it will fire up and bowl fills up 1/2 way. Then the next day hard to crank. I did this twice. Then I was used OSS technique and it started after 24 hours sitting, cold with no gas in bowl. then next day fuel was not squirting into primary which is telling me I have a clog somewhere and OSS technique wasnt working. G-man told me to fill bowl with water while its off and place paper towel under to see if there were any leaks...there werent any. My solenoid has a new o ring and works...hear clicking. I was jsut asking would a bent Idle Mixture screw affects anything? I will do an ultrasonic bath on it this and make sure all passages are clear.

How the **** did that get bent like that?!?!

I have no idea...i was screwing it out and noticed it was like that. First time i ever broke the carb down
That is insane. It’s like someone tried to use it as a center punch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom