Idiot light for an idiot (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I did an LS swap a couple of years ago. I’ve rundown most the issues marrying the OEM harness & sensors with the chevy harness & senders.

I’ve got both ABS and BRAKE lights still lit on the dash. I’m pretty sure the ABS system doesn’t have power, but figuring out what to do with the ABS system will be it’s own project.

What is the red BRAKE light telling me ? Fluid level is fine, been driving & nothing seems out of wack with the braking.

Is it the 80 brake booster? The 80s have the sensor on the cover. Have you tried swapping brake fluid covers to see if that's the culprit? Or are you thinking it's a wiring issue?
It would help to troubleshoot if we knew what's Toy and what's GM or other manufacturer

I did an LS swap a couple of years ago. I’ve rundown most the issues marrying the OEM harness & sensors with the chevy harness & senders.

I’ve got both ABS and BRAKE lights still lit on the dash. I’m pretty sure the ABS system doesn’t have power, but figuring out what to do with the ABS system will be it’s own project.

What is the red BRAKE light telling me ? Fluid level is fine, been driving & nothing seems out of wack with the braking.
That's either low fluid or the parking brake is on.

Parking brake is up slightly or the wire is grounded. IIRC: I think the button/switch for the lever under the console completes the light’s circuit by providing the ground.

Thanks @thatcabledude , my ebrake cable is not yet connected, so it must be the sensor.

I’ll check it out

Is it the 80 brake booster? The 80s have the sensor on the cover. Have you tried swapping brake fluid covers to see if that's the culprit? Or are you thinking it's a wiring issue?
It would help to troubleshoot if we knew what's Toy and what's GM or other manufacturer

I can chase it down, I just didn’t know what the light was supposed to be alerting me to.

Mine
I can chase it down, I just didn’t know what the light was supposed to be alerting me to.
Was on for months once because the fluid was slightly low. Had no idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom