Identifying this relay (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
standard.jpg

This relay is installed on a '93 PZJ75 12V Landcruiser with manual transmission.
I want to purchase a spare of this relay, but cannot identify what relay this is.
There are no part numbers on the relay or the harness.
I have searched thru wiring schematics and haven't found anything for sure.
Attempting to trace the wiring hasn't provided any clarification.
Disconnected the relay and there is no difference in starting the vehicle nor differences in accessory operation.
I have considered this might be for the glow plugs which do not get used much due to the outside air temperature.

Any assistance in identifying this relay would be greatly appreciated.

Charles
I

Does it click in a few seconds after putting your key in the glow position?

it’s going to be either the starter relay or the glow plug relay.

EDIT: not the starter relay. Starter relay has a removable mounting bracket with a different part number. This mounting bracket isn’t removable.

ergo: 28610-54250

Does it click in a few seconds after putting your key in the glow position?

it’s going to be either the starter relay or the glow plug relay.

EDIT: not the starter relay. Starter relay has a removable mounting bracket with a different part number. This mounting bracket isn’t removable.

ergo: 28610-54250
Onur,

Thank you for the information and relay part number.
I tested the relay when the ignition is turned to ON and there is no click heard. There is no signal voltage telling the relay to engage. I believe the relay does not engage due to the OAT in the PI. The average temperature here is 80+ and rarely drops below 73* even in the winter months. On a RARE occasion in the winter months the temperature may drop to 69* which I doubt is cold enough to enable the relay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom